Hi All,

We are in the progress of migrating our 32 bit Uniface 9 application towards a 64 bit Uniface 10 application. In our current application we use the Microsoft WebBrowser component (OCX widget: Shell.Explorer) to view a variety of documents like PDF, XLS, Autocad DWF, Flash movies and so on. Unfortunately the 32 bit WebBrowser component does not work within the 64 bit Uniface application. For a lot of documents I can switch to de HTML widget to view the content, but the the Autocad DWF viewer won't show in the HTML widget, I only get a piece of puzzle on the screen. Maybe it's due to the fact that de DWF viewer itself is a 32 bit application.

When I switch to de 32 bit Uniface 10 application the WebBrowser works and I can view the DWF document too.

Does anyone know how I can use the WebBrowser / OCX widget inside the 64 bit Uniface application?

Thanks in advance,

John Bergsma

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hi John,

It seems that you have to disable the extended triggers in the OCX Container. I've found the following known issue:

RI-4279 - OCX with Shell.Explorer fails on 64-bits when extended triggers are used

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
      Daniel Iseli

Hi Daniel,

This seems to work. I don't know if there are component who rely on the extended triggers, but for now it's okay.

Thank,

John Bergsma