Part #3 Install native 9.4.01 under Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx)

Author: palgam0@hotmail.com (George Mockford)

It's been a few weeks since  my last post but I'd  like to continue with this latest document. Within it I describe how to install the native version of Uniface 9.4.01under ubuntu together with DLM, urouter and tomcat, and get this working with the windows version under wine that we explored previously.

With this technique we get the native power to run backend services such as urouter and userver  in a more stable manner. In addition I am running both using the free version of Oracle-XE instead of solid.

The only part that I have yet to make function correctly is flowchartx in 9.4.01 which  is the base for Unifaceflow and the modeller diagrammer. So  both of these functions are inoperable at the moment.

To complement this article and so that you can see this working more easily I am preparing a new virtual machine with this setup that I will upload and make available real soon  I'm hoping that this will include a limited time trial license but a trial can be requested from your regular Uniface sales account representative.   Onelast thing that I'd like to request is that if you find this interesting can you please reply with a short message to this posting. We are trying to validate interest in Uniface desktop with Linux. By the same token if a Linux Uniface development is of no interest then that would be useful information also.

So please take a moment to post your opinions please.

George