[SOLVED] UPOPMAIL AND Windows Auth.

Author: manfred.laterner@11er.at (mlaterner)

Hello everyone,  we use UPOPMAIL to send Mails out of Uniface.  The Problem is that our SMTP Server sends mails without authentication, we need to change that. And heres my Problem with NTLM and kerberos With the NTLM authentication it works - but not right...   NTLM in my ASN   [USER_3GL] usysbin:uauthntlm(UAuthNTLMSMTP)   in Form/Service: variables   ..........*other variables*   String vSecurityProperties   String vSecurityParameters   handle vUPopMail endvariables *a few other rows* vSecurityProperties = "SMTP=UAuthNTLMSMTP" vSecurityParameters = "DOMAIN=%%$domain$%%%·;USER=%%$user$%%%·;PASSWORD=%%$password$%%%" vUPopMail->setSecurity(vSecurityProperties, vSecurityParameters) *Login > send > logoff* This works but we have to hard set a User/Password, who can write mails from all mailboxes like an exchange admin. because the mail-receiver should get the user mailadress as sender. And the SMTP dont accept for example   User: Uniface.Mail   From: mlaterner@Company.com because the user "Uniface.mail"  can´t send mails for the user "mlaterner" So we can´t do this with NTLM .   Kerberos Example ASN addet row: usysbin:uauthsspi(UAuthSSPISMTP)   in Form: *same Variables* vSecurityProperties = "SMTP=UAuthSSPISMTP" vSecurityParameters = "SSP=Kerberos·;SPN_SERVER=SmtpSvc/MAILSERVER.company.com" *Login ....... send* on the set security i get a "0" Status back   but after Login -> here i get a   "$status -8 "

Uniface Help:
Security context could not be established.
Either the DriverParameters argument of the SetSecurity operation contained
invalid keywords or data, or some protocol error occurred with the SMTP server.

Where is my problem? in my CMD  when i type : setspn -l MAILSERVER i get a few rows and 2 of them are with SMTPSCV like in the uniface description: SmtpSvc/MAILSERVER SmtpSvc/MAILSERVER.company.at   from my point of view it should work with there parameters but it don´t....  or is there a simple/other way to use the Windows Login information (User/password/domain) without typing them to logon SMTP?   Kind regards mlaterner