Uniface Anywhere application to be integrated with existing Uniface C/S application

Author: gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com (gianni)

Hi, I am trying to integrate an existing Uniface C/S application with a new module available into a Uniface Anywhere installation. The first UA application session must be activated manually to properly install Uniface Anywhere client on the local machine. So far so good. From the second time when Uniface C/S application requires the new module is spawning: ua-client -h serverUniface9 -u DOMAIN\sandigliano -p [myPassword] -a SaleOperatorie being SaleOperatorie the application name to be started on UA...everything is working correctly but the UA application login form is presented while my requisite is to bypass it reusing the user already logged into C/S application. I tried to use -r param, as: ua-client -h serverUniface9 -u DOMAIN\sandigliano -p [myPassword] -a SaleOperatorie -r myApplicationUser supposing Uniface Anywhere is adding myApplicationUser to the existing command line originally published for application "SaleOperatorie". Something different is happening because I am getting a white screen with classical message: 0008 - Failed to activate Start-up shell screen. I supposed I should not only pass my added param but also the start-up shell again so I tried: ua-client -h Uniface9 -u USL3\sandigliano -p [myPassword] -a SaleOperatorie -r "myStartupShell myApplicationUser" but NOTHING! Still "0008 - Failed to activate Start-up shell screen." To avoid a time consuming try&verify, could please be clarified what the meaning for -r option starting a UA application when used together -a option ? Regards, Gianni

1 Comment

1. gianni said Hi, ... To avoid a time consuming try&verify, could please be clarified what the meaning for -r option starting a UA application when used together -a option ? ... 

I found the answer. String passed after -r is completely overwriting published application startup parameters. Regards, Gianni

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)