9.6 is GA, but when/how can I get it ?

Author: ulrichmerkel@web.de (ulrich-merkel)

I assue that when CPWR announces a GA relase date, we, the customers, can have the product in hand the same day. As expressed in my last post here, I would like to make my first experiences over the weekend. I asked my local CPWR representative 2 weeks ago for a copy. Last time (9.5), CPWR generated a frontline order for that on my behalf so I saw it under my calls. I have not seen a call on friday, so I ordered a 9.6 myself via frontline 20121207 around half past 9. I checked it today; this call ist still on "new" and I have not got any mail from CPWR with my download link so far. So my question to the community: have others got a 9.6 GA already and how have you ordered it. ################################################################################## Well, at least I could download the 9601X101 helpfile from frontline, so i can read the helpfile ##################################################################################

2 Comments

1. Today, I got my download link and I started retrieving early in the morning. After some 1 hr, I got it on down my machine. Now it's time for the real games. Installation as usual took some time. And I must not forget to download and install patch X101. Still, you have to enter ftp://ftp.compuware.com/pub/uniface/patches/9601/W32/ manually, because the patches page is not offer the 9.6 patches And added X101 to the installation and got (as promised) the updated helpfile as well. well done

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  2. We had an issue with the automated scripts that set up the patch info. Bad timing when it's with a new release, but all resolved now.

Author: Adrian Gosbell (adrian.gosbell@synapse-i.jp)