Wish List problem?

Author: i.sharp@pcisystems.co.uk (Iain Sharp)

I have recently logged a wish list issue about tooltip/mouseover on the tree widget. When I go into this wish, I can't see the description, there's a description field, but it's blank. If I go into someone else's wish, the form displayed is different, and the description is there. Can someone tell me if my wish list description (not the use case, I can see that) is displayed? And if so, can I let the web admin know that it's difficult to check on your own wishes if the descriptions vanish. Thanks Iain

5 Comments

1. Hi Iain, I do not see your description either, not even when I log in as an administrator. Can you post your description here? Then I will try to find out what the problem is. Theo

Author: Theo Neeskens (tneeskens@itblockz.nl)
  2. Thanks Iain! I have logged a wish today... based on your warning here I made a backup before posting it... The wishlist seems to be very confusing. Adding a new wish wants me to set Title, Description, Use Case, Importance, Type and Operation System. But as soon as I Submit it and look at my wish, there is Title, Use Case, Importance, Type, Operating System, Status, Description (and ability to update my wish). Please notice the differend order (Use Case vs. Description). So, my Description, which should be at the top is at the bottom... and it is empty! Simply gone... And Use Case, where I put less important information is suddenly on the top of the page. Surprised Quite strange. I have updated my wish and put all the text together to both fields... unfortunately, it is not formatted, so all my paragraphs are gone and it is shown as one compact text, which is quite hard to read. Could administrators please look at this problem? Losing data is is always bad. Thanks, Zdeněk Socha

Author: sochaz (zdenek.socha@fullsys.cz)
  3. I have filled in a description on the wishlist entry.

Author: Iain Sharp (i.sharp@pcisystems.co.uk)
  4. This is still occurring (at least it has on the last two wishes I logged.) Further, I find the view of wishes somewhat confusing (in that the description of what is wanted is at the bottom of the page, and therefore off screen on first view). This means the 'best' field on the data is the use case, which is listed at the top and doesn't empty on saving. This must be wrong surely?

Author: Iain Sharp (i.sharp@pcisystems.co.uk)
  5. Just entered a test wish.to better understand the problems. You are right, two things are wrong:

1) The Description field does not get stored. 2) When entering a wish the description field is at the top, when viewing a wish it is at the bottom.

I have reported this to the technical manager.

Author: Theo Neeskens (tneeskens@itblockz.nl)