Tree: Diffrent description in tree-side and list-side?

Author: i2stiller@gmx.de (istiller)

Guude Using a tree, you can display treeview and listviwe side by side A node is defined by at least the IDs, a type and a description. This description is the tag for the treeview AND the first column in listview Any idea to have different values for both sides? Background: In treeview, I want to add some remarks to the tag which are in listview already displayed as columns Ingo

4 Comments

1. Hallo Ingo, hast Du mal in den "Community Samples" "Mar 30, 2015 Uniface Client Server GUI Sample Advanced Tree" nachgesehen? Ist zwar recht komplex, aber vielleicht findest Du da ja einen Ansatz. Gruß Norbert

Author: Lauterbach (norbert.lauterbach@infraserv.com)
  2. Lauterbach said Hallo Ingo, hast Du mal in den "Community Samples" "Mar 30, 2015 Uniface Client Server GUI Sample Advanced Tree" nachgesehen? Ist zwar recht komplex, aber vielleicht findest Du da ja einen Ansatz. Gruß Norbert  

Hi Nobert Just download the sample and have a look at docu. All images show the same description on tree and list sideFrown If I'm back at office I will check the source code if there is any hint to change this But I don't believe so Ingo

Author: istiller (i2stiller@gmx.de)
  3. The columnwidth can be set to 0 if the user drags the Header with the mouse. But how to set per program the columnwidth of a field in Listview of a treewidget to 0 or hide the column?

Author: Lauterbach (norbert.lauterbach@infraserv.com)
  4. Using $fieldproperties(tree_widget), specifically, the LABELS and FORMATS properties. FORMATS controls the widths for the columns, LABELS controls the column headers.  However, setting the width of the 'first' column (i.e. the one which shows in the left hand pane), will cause problems, as it contains the icon, and also is the only column which will allow for selection of the item. 

Author: Iain Sharp (i.sharp@pcisystems.co.uk)