[SOLVED] Pathscrambler.exe missing parameter options

Author: enripeters@live.com (skabba)

Hello, I see in the pathscrambler.exe manual that you can also encrypt logicals by putting brackets ((password)) around them. But then I have to give the parameter like this: pathscrambler.exe -inFile file.asn. But the pathscrambler.exe that I have does not support or include that parameter. I only have the possibility to give -asn or to -path and that only encrypts what under [PATHS]. Is it possible to get a pathscrambler.exe that does support those -inFile or -instr parameters? Kind regards, Enri

5 Comments

1. Hello Enri, And welcome to the forum. I guess you are using (at least) Uniface 9.7.04? The problem is that the pathscrambler.exe will only accept command line options in lowercase. E.g.

pathscrambler.exe -infile file.asn Or:

pathscrambler.exe -instr "mylogical=((This is my secret))" Hope this helps. Kind regards, Daniel Iseli Uniface Technical Support

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  2. We are using version 9.4. Busy with upgrading... PS C:\bin> .\pathscrambler.exe -infile file.asn Usage: pathscrambler -asn <asnfile> -path <path_config>

Author: skabba (enripeters@live.com)
  3. The command line options -infile and -instr are only supported by the new pathscrambler that was introduced with Uniface 9.7.04. In older Uniface versions the pathscrambler only obfuscated the path specifications in the [PATHS] section of the specified ASN-file (when -asn is used) or the provided path (when using -path). Hope this helps. Kind regards, Daniel

4. That definitely helps. Thank you for providing that information! Kind regards

Author: skabba (enripeters@live.com)
  5. You are welcome. Glad I could help. Kind regards, Daniel