uniface & sybase connector

Author: dammie@seznam.cz (dammie)

Hello,   I tried connect uniface 9.6 to sybase 12.5, using SYB 4.0 driver my I ask if someone get these strange behaviour? If I try retrieve table   retrieve/e table Everythings works OK... Table is retrieved in frm...   I try to retrieve table with condition... id = 1 retrieve/e table but in message frame I see instead select .... from table id = 1 this : select .... from table id  = 51564615615516511 ???   Also if I try Deployment/SQL Table.... uniface generate this :   create table my_table ( id numeric(7889799798489,58484948849849) not null, text varchar(849794649646464656) null, .... )   It is there probm with the driver or I missed something?

4 Comments

1. Uniface 9.6 wasn't delivered with the u4.0 driver, so I'm guessing you've used it from an older version? that might be the cause of your problems.

Author: Adrian Gosbell (adrian.gosbell@synapse-i.jp)
  2. We try use same .asn settings as in previous 9.4... What drivers should be used with 9.6 ? u5.0?

Author: dammie (dammie@seznam.cz)
  3. dammieX said ... What drivers should be used with 9.6 ? u5.0?  

SYB U5.1

Author: rkrite (rkrite@gmail.com)
  4. dammieX said We try use same .asn settings as in previous 9.4... What drivers should be used with 9.6 ? u5.0? 

Two important points here.. never mix and match the dlls and executables from one Uniface version to another. Thats a risk of all kind of horrors like crashes, even data corruption.  Driver information such as what driver is with what Uniface release is covered in the PAM (product availability matrix), you can find that on the downloads area of this site. 

Author: Adrian Gosbell (adrian.gosbell@synapse-i.jp)