[SOLVED] DLM 4.5.0.16 + 9.6.03.02 + Windows XP

Author: simone.pecchenino@labinfsistemi.it (Simone)

good morning, as subject, i've got an installation with Uniface 9.6.03.02 and DLM 4.5.0.16 our customer for his choice has still many Windows XP machines uniface.exe only on one of this machines, every day but not always, when entering in our application opens a transcript saying: "ULM Warning: the license for this feature UMSS expires in 2 days" closing the transcript and immediately retrying to open the application everything seems working fine looking in the log of the DLM i see many warnings for many users, not only that one example of the DLM logfile: [11/17/15-08:41:22] --OUT-HRTB1          tok(209780C11297720001) cv(4.5,???) dt(0.090 sec) usr(GONELLA@PC202@0) pid(4260) app(UMSS,09.01) cnt(1) pool(nill) [11/17/15-08:41:49] --OUT-ERR            tok(------------------) cv(4.5,Win2000/XP) usr(DAGNA@PC229@0) pid(2780) app(UWXP,09.01) cnt(1) pool(nill)                       ******denied(The application that was requested is not licensed) or [11/17/15-08:43:02] --OUT-HRTB1          tok(A075A137E0BB10001) cv(4.5,???) dt(0.125 sec) usr(ARNALDO@PC216@0) pid(3876) app(UMSS,09.01) cnt(1) pool(nill) [11/17/15-08:43:09] --OUT-ERR            tok(------------------) cv(4.5,Win2000/XP) usr(PALLASSINI@PC233@0) pid(3760) app(UWXP,09.01) cnt(1) pool(nill)                       ******denied(The application that was requested is not licensed)   the user involved is "DAGNA", but note that even the user "PALLASSINI" is reported in the log as an error, but the user "PALLASSINI" do not see any warning as the other one in the transcript i noticed that every error line has the TOK empty (------), it may be this the error?   thanks in advance

7 Comments

1. Simone, are always the same users involved? What if you filter the DLM logfile looking for OUT-ERR? I suppose the customer network organized into a Microsoft domain. Are those users involved differentiating themselves somehow? (ex: groups/roles associated compared to other users) digging...digging... CoolSurprisedWink Gianni

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)
  2. Hi Simone, it looks like one get this "2 days warning" when DLM is installed, but the service is not running completely. I usually get this info when I power up my box and immediately start he IDF.exe Have a cup of coffee between start-up and IDF avoid this messages.   Greetings from Frankfurt/Germany, Uli

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  3. ulrich-merkel said Have a cup of coffee between start-up and IDF avoid this messages.  

Enjoy your coffee Uli  !!Laugh

Author: TheAleph (mail@gandg.it)
  4. Simone, I agree with Gianni   "I suppose the customer network organized into a Microsoft domain"  good luck ciao

Author: TheAleph (mail@gandg.it)
  5. ulrich-merkel said Hi Simone, it looks like one get this "2 days warning" when DLM is installed, but the service is not running completely. I usually get this info when I power up my box and immediately start he IDF.exe Have a cup of coffee between start-up and IDF avoid this messages.   Greetings from Frankfurt/Germany, Uli

you're right Ulrich, I asked the user to wait some time after power on the PC and the transcript doesn't appear any more, thanks! now, the only problem I still have are those warnings in the DLM logfile, i don't know if i should investigate more or ignore them because no other user have reported issues   thanks everyone

Author: Simone (simone.pecchenino@labinfsistemi.it)
  6. They are looking to licence the feature UWXP, I presume you have UWALL or similar in your licence file, so it will be trying for a UWXP licence, and failing, and then trying for a UWALL and succeeding (or similar). The error is therefore not fatal.  The individual windows version feature codes can (I believe) be gleaned from the PAM on row 6 called "Compatibility-Code", but UWALL is "all windows versions" and is generally the one included in the licence file. 

Author: Iain Sharp (i.sharp@pcisystems.co.uk)
  7. I think all issues from Simone are addressed and this thread could be marked as solved... Gianni

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)