[SOLVED] 0019 - Component xxx version is incorrect; you must recompile it.

Author: alex.meyers@cevi.be (ceviame)

When did this happen ? i have a mixed environment : 2 projects (X and Y) in 9.5.x, 1 project (Z) in 9.6.01 X and Z use shared components from Y that are in a deployed UAR no problem until i applied mx03 since then i can no longer access anything in Z from the Y uar (and nothing from uSVN) without getting this 0019 error i cannot find anything in doc/patches that explains this change is there a flag that can restore old behaviour ? help, this is APITA   Alex

2 Comments

1. Hello Alex, The components of MX01/9.6.02 (and newer) are not compatible with older versions. When you check the readme of the Service Pack MX03 (mx03w32.txt) then you can find the following note:  

(2). Recompilation requirements
    -------------------------------

For Uniface 9.6 patches are fully incremental. This means that any newer 
    patch can be installed on top of an earlier patch or minor version. 
    For example: It is possible to install patch X301 on top of 9.6.01/patch 
    X101. Doing so, the installation will automatically be upgraded to 
    Uniface 9.6.03 with patch X301.

Although we try to prevent a recompilation requirement for a patch or 
    service pack, a recompilation of the components is sometimes required after 
    installation.

After installation of MX01/9.6.02 and later patches/service packs, a 
    recompilation of all components needs to be done if these patches are 
    installed on top of a Uniface version or patch older than MX01/9.6.02.

Hope this helps. Kind regards, Daniel

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  2. "9.5.x, 1 project (Z) in 9.6.01"  Mixing components compiled between point versions, for example 9.5 and 9.6 is always a no-no. I'd say in the case of 9.6, the risk of crashes, corruption, etc is significant because of all of the GUI enhancements that were delivered and there was a huge amount of code re-factoring as a result of the 64 bit windows project. 

Author: Adrian Gosbell (adrian.gosbell@synapse-i.jp)