a vanishing "FORUM" on dropdown menu

Author: ulrichmerkel@web.de (ulrich-merkel)

On uniface.info, we have the red menubar with all these nice pulldown menues. Usually, the current active item is shown in BOLD as an information where one is.   But now we face the situation when positioned in FORUM context, the pulldown menu item which formerly read FORUM is now empty. Changing to another option brings back the FORUM text, so it is not lost forever   I randomly checked situation on other contexts and found always the correct behaviour.   This occurs on my FIREFOX browser, but a parallel check with CHROME showed the same malfunction

9 Comments

1. a week later: nothing happens to cure the misbehaving

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  2. Hi Ulrich, I can only confirm that it happens to me (on Chrome) also. The problem described (again) in as few words as possible: THe word 'Forum' seems to vanish from the 'Community' dropdown menu, once you're in the forum. Going to othermenu options brings the word back in the dropdown menu. This does _not_ seem to be browser-specific. Cheers, Arjen

Author: Arjen van Vliet (arjen.van.vliet@uniface.com)
  3. ulrich-merkel said a week later: nothing happens to cure the misbehaving

is it that important Ulrich? 

Author: Adrian Gosbell (adrian.gosbell@synapse-i.jp)
  4. Arjen van Vliet said Hi Ulrich, I can only confirm that it happens to me (on Chrome) also. The problem described (again) in as few words as possible: THe word 'Forum' seems to vanish from the 'Community' dropdown menu, once you're in the forum. Going to othermenu options brings the word back in the dropdown menu. This does _not_ seem to be browser-specific. Cheers, Arjen

it seems to be browser specific. I'm using Chrome on a Mac and i don't experience this but I do on a Windows PC. 

Author: Adrian Gosbell (adrian.gosbell@synapse-i.jp)
  5. Adrian Gosbell said
    Arjen van Vliet said Hi Ulrich, I can only confirm that it happens to me (on Chrome) also. The problem described (again) in as few words as possible: THe word 'Forum' seems to vanish from the 'Community' dropdown menu, once you're in the forum. Going to other menu options brings the word back in the dropdown menu. This does _not_ seem to be browser-specific. Cheers, Arjen
    it seems to be browser specific. I'm using Chrome on a Mac and i don't experience this but I do on a Windows PC. 

Not everyone amongst us is issued Apple hardware by their employer Adrian Wink Anyway, I re-tested (on Windows apparently) wit IE 11, Chrome and Firefox and this issue pops up on all three (major?) browsers.

Author: Arjen van Vliet (arjen.van.vliet@uniface.com)
  6. Thanks for reporting this. The issue has been fixed for all browsers and platforms.

Author: admin (support@tbto.nl)
  7. admin said Thanks for reporting this. The issue has been fixed for all browsers and platforms.

Thanks for the info. But I still can see the problem when using a mobile browser (tested with an Android Phone using Chrome and Firefox). Thanks, Daniel

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  8. diseli said
    admin said Thanks for reporting this. The issue has been fixed for all browsers and platforms.
    Thanks for the info. But I still can see the problem when using a mobile browser (tested with an Android Phone using Chrome and Firefox). Thanks, Daniel

Thanks, this was indeed the case. It was a different issue, and fixed now as well.

Author: admin (support@tbto.nl)
  9. admin said
    diseli said
    admin said Thanks for reporting this. The issue has been fixed for all browsers and platforms.
    Thanks, this was indeed the case. It was a different issue, and fixed now as well.

Thanks.

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)