Hey Richiet!

Author: i.sharp@pcisystems.co.uk (Iain Sharp)

Whilst I appreciate that you are testing the other character sets and posting on the boards, is there any chance you could exclude those of us who do not read that from the flood of posts you are creating?  Between these and the limited listing of unread material on the front page, any actual discussions are in severe danger of getting lost in the in mix.  Thanks,  Iain

5 Comments

1. Iain,  sorry, but you'll have to live with this.  It's not testing, we are past that phase now, we know that the site can handle 'complex character sets., so we're using it.  We are moving the content of the Comouware Frontline Japan website into Uniface.info.  Once it's done, it's done. As each piece of content is a new posting, then it shows up.  Sorry, but we're moving away from Compuware, and this is part of the process. Japan is an important part of our business and we need to make sure that the old useful content is moved across. 

Author: Adrian Gosbell (adrian.gosbell@synapse-i.jp)
  2. Hi, One way to handle this: Press the button to see the list of unread topics. Click the topic that you want (!) to read, Repeat until you have read all topics that you wanted to read. Press the next button (mark all as read). Now all topics are marked as read without you having to open each (Japanese) topic.

Author: Theo Neeskens (tneeskens@itblockz.nl)
  3. Thanks Theo, I was doing that already. I am a littlle worried that wordpress seems to err on the side of keeping sections small over providing all the information. Meanwhile an admin could amend my (and other non Japanese readers) permissions so I/we can't see the forum, as it's unlikely to have anything in it I/we can read. If this were the BBS I am familiar with, this would be a simple as applying a user group and setting the permissions there. 

Author: Iain Sharp (i.sharp@pcisystems.co.uk)
  4. Sorry Iain, I was worry myself that someday someone will complain about this.  I noticed by topics from Recent Forum posts can hide by disablinging forum.   I have disabled some of forum.

Author: richieTest (crane410@aol.com)
  5. Thank you very much. 

Author: Iain Sharp (i.sharp@pcisystems.co.uk)