Forum getting worse and worse?

Author: zdenek.socha@fullsys.cz (sochaz)

Hello, once upon a time... I remember that time (am I too old? )... I was using some kind of feature here, on uniface.info, to read all unread posts, one by one. This feature was not perfect, but was very useful. Now I can't find it anymore. Is it gone? Why? How am I suppose to find all unread posts? I mean, it might be 2 (or even more) weeks I wasn't here. Forum seems to be all messed up. One workaround would be to sort the topics by the datetime of last post. Can I sort topics by the date/time of last post? OMG, how I wish this forum become useful... one day. Now, I just wonder, is there something strange in the forum or should I blame myself for not being able to use it correctly. Could someone please help me? Zdeněk

4 Comments

1. The what's new gives a list of both unread and new comments. And when I go into the forums tab, I get a marker for each forum which has a new comment.

Author: Adrian Gosbell (adrian.gosbell@synapse-i.jp)
  2. Hi Zdeněk, the old "2 topics with unread post" support survived in a secret hideaway where one would not expect it: At the bottom of the uniface.info screen, follow the "My Profile" link. Hope it will stay there, even if it's secret is disclosed. Uli

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  3. Adrian Gosbell said The what's new gives a list of both unread and new comments. And when I go into the forums tab, I get a marker for each forum which has a new comment.

I'm afraind this is not true. At least for my login. On my "What's New" page I can see a section called "Forum", but it shows last 5 posts (comments?). This has nothing to do with unread posts. I can't see anywhere unread posts/comments. Today, all 5 was marked as new... I read them all... but now I cas see still these 5 (already read) posts (topics). But there are many others, which I have not read yet... When I go to Forum tab, I can see a new posts, but it's not sorted, so I have to scroll all the page. I find a small N as new topic? I click it and another page appears... there is no N anymore... how am I supposed to find an unread (new) post (comment)? I realised, there are 9 pages, I clicked them all... but did not find N anywhere... It is very hard to find unread posts this way :(. But thanks to Uli, this is what I was looking for. It's not perfect, but I can find unread posts this way. Zdeněk

Author: sochaz (zdenek.socha@fullsys.cz)
  4. Hello, there is one more problem with forums here... when I jump to a forum... then to a topic... I read it... and I want to go back to a forum (to see other topics in the forum)... there seems to be no way to go bac. I see only "Add Topic" and "Add Reply" buttons here, but no button or link to "go up" or "go back" to the topics list in the forums. The same applies to the Sub-forums. I have to use either browser button "back" or go to the main Forum list, find the forum again and click on it again... this is quite frustrating.

Author: sochaz (zdenek.socha@fullsys.cz)