apologies to Uli, I was deleting his postings..!!

Author: adrian.gosbell@synapse-i.jp (Adrian Gosbell)

I *thought* I was deleting duplicate/redundant info! But what I did not realize is that responses and updates to the wishes are not as visible as they could be! This was all about the questions about Oracle 12c, which is coming in the 9.6.04 update in December. And we'll see what we can do to make the updates to the wishes clearer.

1 Comment

1. Hi Adrian, sometimes, infos which are of interest for major parts of "the community" aka. uniface license holder and uniface coders are for them not that easy to access or monitor. I found situations in companies using uniface that only the department manager had access to frontline but never had time to look into the site nor the knowledge to interpret even technical alerts. Since now 20+ years I spend some hours per month skimming many sources for important information including the very interesting deltas of the helpfiles or DICT comments. For a couple of years I provided a monthly "uniface digest" referencing interesting issues crossing my inbox. Nowadays, I post the findings with some abstract and a link to the original post and answer questions in forums like T.U.R.F. the uniface listserver and the one here. When the original discussion reaches an interesting point like "comes with the 9.6.04 update in december", I usually add this as an update to "spread the word". Running through all these forums as I do, I may see the same information again and again, but the ones who look only into a particular part of one forum like the whats's new page here it's quite likely they got the information they may need as well.

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)