[SOLVED] Date of patches

Author: zdenek.socha@fullsys.cz (sochaz)

Hello, in the readme files of patches, there were always the "Date" (date of a patch). I have noticed that starting with service pack mg01 (and then patch g201) this "Date" is not in the readme files anymore. Is this intended change? Or is it some kind of mistake/error? Kind regards, Zdeněk Socha PS: Yes, I have read the advice, that we (customers) shouldn't post a question here, but there is no thread to post question related to the patches. This is not a question about development nor deployment... feel free to move my post to the appropriate thread. :-)

3 Comments

1. Hello Zdeněk, Yes, this info is redundant. When you check the file time stamps in the patch contents then that's the "date of the patch". Hope this helps. Kind regards, Daniel Iseli Uniface Technical Support

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  2. Hello Daniel, thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I disagree... that info is not redundant - at least not for me. Because the time stamp of the file is the date (and time) when I downloaded the patch. So, I do not know, when these patches were released, I just know when I downloaded them. Kind regards, Zdeněk Socha

Author: sochaz (zdenek.socha@fullsys.cz)
  3. Hello Zdeněk, Thanks for your reply. But there seems to be a misunderstanding here. When you check the ReadMe of a patch then you should find under "(3). Patch contents" a list of all the files and their modification dates that are included in the patch. I was referring to that info. Hope this helps. Kind regards, Daniel Iseli Uniface Technical Support

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)