wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'UNIFACE_IO'

Author: grazielabap@hotmail.com (gbaptista)

Hi I am a new Uniface developer and I don't know how to solve a problem This is the log of the error: BEGIN "PC_SIDE_TRIM_CONSTRAINTS$U"."UNIFACE_IO"( :UNIFACE_IO_REQUEST, :XPRODUCT_CHAR_ID, :XSLAB_WIDTH, :XSLAB_GAUGE, :XMIN_ROUGH _GAUGE, :XMAX_ROUGH_GAUGE, :XMIN_ROUGH_WIDTH, :XMAX_ROUGH_WIDTH, :XSIDE_SCRAP, :XROLLING_TYPE, :XROWID, :WSLAB_WIDTH, :WSIDE_SCR AP, :WSLAB_GAUGE, :WMIN_ROUGH_GAUGE, :WMAX_ROUGH_GAUGE, :WMIN_ROUGH_WIDTH, :WMAX_ROUGH_WIDTH, :ONE_ROW_AFFECTED ); END; I/O function: S, mode: 1, on file/table: PC_SIDE_TRIM_CONSTRAINTS index: 1 = ORA-06550: line 1, column 8: PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'UNIFACE_IO' ORA-06550: line 1, column 8: PL/SQL: Statement ignored ORACLE Driver Error [-38]: Select driver function failed. PC_SIDE_TRIM_CONSTRAINTS is a table. This table exists in oracle and has the same field names and datatype as defined in uniface model.

5 Comments

1. Did you update the package and package body named PC_SIDE_TRIM_CONSTRAINTS$U when you added or changed the field names and/or datatype? usaly 'UNIFACE_IO' oracle errors is related to forgeting to uppdate the packages.

Author: knutia (knut.ivar.alvestad@logica.com)
  2. Thanks Knutia for the answer, but this didn't fix my problem There is another detail about this problem: I can run the form without any problem( insert, delete, edit data) but when I sent it to another person, he got the errors that I reported. I have already sent him a new dol file, new frm file. We have checked the table (columns are ok). We deleted and created the table again and it is still didn't work does anybody have an idea what else I can check?

Author: gbaptista (grazielabap@hotmail.com)
  3. I assume the "other person" uses not the same database as you do. Have you checked the stored procedures which uniface uses are updated? You have not mentioned these in your post. I think this is where the problems start.

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  4. disable packages in asn file if problem is gone you have a problem with the packages, if not we have to look elsewhere. this is the fastest way of zooming in on the problem.

Author: Theo Neeskens (tneeskens@itblockz.nl)
  5. Thanks for all help but it still didn't work The strange is that it works in some machines and not in another machines. I did some tests - ran my application in different machines with different oracle versions. These are the results that I got: It worked when the machine has: - oracle server 10, oracle client 10 or 11 It didn't work when the machine has: - oracle server 11, oracle client 11 could it be some problem with oracle driver?

Author: gbaptista (grazielabap@hotmail.com)