10.3 002: activate "OS".command returns -50

Author: ulrichmerkel@web.de (ulrich-merkel)

as a test, i just use the following line (10.3 002) activate "OS".command("cmd.com /c echo.1234 > ABC.TXT") but (no matter what I put in as a command text) i got a $status of -50 with a $procerrorcontext of "ERROR=-50·; MNEM=<UACTERR_NO_SIGNATURE>·; DESCRIPTION=Signature not found·; COMPONENT=TEST_OS·; PROCNAME=3\DETAIL·; TRIGGER=DTLF·; LINE=2·; ADDITIONAL=INSTANCENAME=OS·!·; OPERATIONNAME=COMMAND" This test was started in the original project created during the U10.3 installation to reduce any customizing effects. Have I overlooked some necessities? And where (in which UAR) should this signature be located?

3 Comments

1. Hello Ulrich,   see helpfile "Implementing an OS Service".  

1. Create a signature for an operating system service with the Implementation Type set to
      Operating System Command
      Two default, non-editable operations are available,
      COMMAND
      and
      COMMANDOUT

Then use cmd or cmd.exe, because cmd.com doesn't exist.   Regards Norbert

Author: Lauterbach (norbert.lauterbach@infraserv.com)
  2. I like this UNIFACE-Forum-Editor :-) you never know what you get.

Author: Lauterbach (norbert.lauterbach@infraserv.com)
  3. Hi Norbert, thank you for the hint on cmd.exe (think I had a very old windows example in mind with COMMAND.COM) but as I mentioned, I have not reached the state to validate the text of the command. So the "OS" signature is not delivered with the product or installation procedure. Looks like I misinterpreted the "Implementing an OS Service" as only to be needed to prepare a remote signature with all the ASN modifications. But it means: "Help yourself making the OS signature!!!" Still the question is why the "OS" signature is not delivered, but the customer hast to create this signature. As there is nothing one can do to influence the final result, why has the customer to do this work.

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)