F105: i miss the "comment" for the startup-shell

Author: ulrichmerkel@web.de (ulrich-merkel)

in U9, I could add some comment for the startup-shell. in U10, the equivalent "DOC" does not show up in the "Define Application Shell" dialog.

7 Comments

1. Good morning Uli, I've just checked this. After having dragged and dropped an 'Application Shell Windows' onto a new project (Start page, Waffle menu, Create Project), I'm able to click on the name of the object and change the default name from the default value (UAPS_1) to something more accurate. In the same way I'm able to click on the description and change the default value (Application Shell: Windows) into something more accurate. Indeed, it's not a dialogue/wizzard anymore. Would this be an answer to your question/remark? Best regards, Arjen

Author: Arjen van Vliet (arjen.van.vliet@uniface.com)
  2. Hi Arjen, from the project, I can select "open" for the startup-shell and reach the dialog. but as I said: i'm missing the option to add/change UCOMMENT of the startup shell object. In U10, other objects provide this with the "DOC" tab on the righthand side. Looks like someone forgot to enable the same for the APS

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  3. You are correct Uli. Description is available, and content is migrated form Uniface 9.7 to 10. Comment is in 10 repository after migration, but there is no place to show it in the APS Editor. The Doc tab that we have on all main Uniface development objects is missing from the Start-Up Shell Editor. I have created a bug report for this.

Author: Theo Neeskens (tneeskens@itblockz.nl)
  4. Hi Theo, thanks a lot for adding this bug From an ice-cold Frankfurt/Germany, Uli

5. Hi Theo, I just checked the recent buglist, but I haven't found this comment problem. Greetings from Frankfurt/Germany, Uli

6. Keep an eye out for bug 31475. It may take some time before it appears.

Author: Theo Neeskens (tneeskens@itblockz.nl)
  7. Hi Theo, thanks for this info; I will have an eye on the weekly issues updates, Uli