Copy&Paste in Proccode Editor

Author: ulrichmerkel@web.de (ulrich-merkel)

From UBG-workshop: It's nice that in the proccode editor, a CTRL-A will select the complete code in all triggers.   But when I paste it into an external editor (Notepad++), the Trigger-delimiter-information has vanished. So I think there is no way to paste the changed text back into the IDF so it will end up in the proper trigger-slots?   Nice to see that GOLD: is shown in the editor as ESC like in the good old days   P.S. looks like my cloudshare keyboard settings have changed so I can not even enter a "/", so no further experiments. I planned to test to Copy&paste the complete field triggers from one field to another in one go: CTRL-A, CTRL-C, change to the other field, position in the Proccode, CTRL-A, CTRL-V

3 Comments

1. Uli, thanks for this feedback.  One question, why would you want to copy code into Notepad++? Considering it's based on the same editor as used in Uniface 10, it's got me wondering. 

Author: Adrian Gosbell (adrian.gosbell@synapse-i.jp)
  2. Hi Adrian, it's notepad++ only because there is no other editor in the cloudshare VM. Compared to the idf, some editors provide a much better functionality to modify code in an efficient manner and that's why the "external editor" is a subject for uniface professionals for the last 20 years. I have an TEXTPAD editor with a lot of tools to manage/analyse uniface code implemented over the years. This editor allows to compare codes and merge the differences, a functionality which is not available in the IDF. Customised autocompletion is available and code-snippets can be added to the text with just a doubleclick and you can specify the position of the cursor after the snippet is inserted which gives a lot of support once you are used to it.

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  3. Hi Adrian, and the other feature in the P.S.:

CTRL-A, CTRL-C, change to the other field, position in the Proccode, CTRL-A, CTRL-V

Is it possible to Copy&Paste the complete Proc Code from one field to another in one action ? Some uniface coders would rate this as extremely helpful

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)