Migrated from 9.6 to 9.7 but uniface buttons not working on application.

Author: vaibhavsingh@in.ibm.com (vasin159)

uniface 9.7 buttons not working hi, We recently moved our development environment from 9.6 to 9.7 but unfortunately buttons on our application are not working. On clicking the button detail trigger is not triggering. Can you help me to fix this issue ?   Thanks, Vasin159

8 Comments

1. Are you using the 'standard' usys.ini file from the 9.7 install? I think the buttons in the IDE changed type, and they need to be setup in the .ini. Perhaps compare the two .ini files to see?  Iain

Author: Iain Sharp (i.sharp@pcisystems.co.uk)
  2. Hi Lain, Thanks for reply!!   There was few difference between U9.6 and U9.7 in  usys.ini file. I changed it and made same to what U9.6 ini was. But still issue remains same.   Thanks

Author: vasin159 (vaibhavsingh@in.ibm.com)
  3. Iain is correct. One extra detail: The problem is not in the common\adm\usys.ini but in the uniface\adm\usys.ini In the [widgets] section you are probably missing these lines: IDFSpeedSearch=ueditbox(font=editfont;onedit=T) IDFTextCell=ueditbox(font=editfont) IDFButtonBottom=ucmdbutton(representation=Uniface;cursor=uhand;frametype=off;font=IDFButtonText;labelfont=IDFButtonText;backcolor=#01A7E1;backcolorselect=#97D5EC;backcolorhover=#55C1E8;backcolorfocus=#0084CC;forecolor=white;forecolorselect=black;vsize=80;autolabel=F;position=center;valign=center) IDFButtonSide=ucmdbutton(representation=Uniface;cursor=uhand;frametype=off;font=IDFButtonText;labelfont=IDFButtonText;backcolor=#01A7E1;backcolorselect=#97D5EC;backcolorhover=#55C1E8;backcolorfocus=#0084CC;forecolor=white;forecolorselect=black;vsize=80;autolabel=F;position=top) IDFButtonHeader=ucmdbutton(representation=Header;cursor=uhand;halign=left;valign=center;font=label) IDFButtonImage=ucmdbutton(representation=Uniface;cursor=uhand;frametype=off;transparency=T) IDFButtonSpecial=ucmdbutton(representation=Uniface;cursor=uhand;frametype=off;font=IDFButtonText;labelfont=IDFButtonText;backcolor=#01A7E1;backcolorselect=#97D5EC;backcolorhover=#55C1E8;backcolorfocus=#0084CC;forecolor=white;forecolorselect=black;vsize=80;POSITION=CENTER) IDFOpenProfile=ueditbox(frame=T;font=editfont;autoselect=on;dimmedbackcolor=off;dblclk=detail;multiline=F)   And if you are missing those lines (and more) your screen will also look terrible.

Author: Theo Neeskens (tneeskens@itblockz.nl)
  4. Hi,   If you use the installed default usys.ini file and check if the application buttons are working. In the U9.7 ini file more default settings are set. for example the IDF buttons ; Logical widgets Uniface 9.7: ; Note: These widgets cannot be used from the Uniface development environment. IDFSpeedSearch=ueditbox(font=editfont;onedit=T) IDFTextCell=ueditbox(font=editfont) IDFButtonBottom=ucmdbutton(representation=Uniface;cursor=uhand;frametype=off;font=IDFButtonText;labelfont=IDFButtonText;backcolor=#01A7E1;backcolorselect=#97D5EC;backcolorhover=#55C1E8;backcolorfocus=#0084CC;forecolor=white;forecolorselect=black;vsize=80;autolabel=F;position=center;valign=center) IDFButtonSide=ucmdbutton(representation=Uniface;cursor=uhand;frametype=off;font=IDFButtonText;labelfont=IDFButtonText;backcolor=#01A7E1;backcolorselect=#97D5EC;backcolorhover=#55C1E8;backcolorfocus=#0084CC;forecolor=white;forecolorselect=black;vsize=80;autolabel=F;position=top) IDFButtonHeader=ucmdbutton(representation=Header;cursor=uhand;halign=left;valign=center;font=label) IDFButtonImage=ucmdbutton(representation=Uniface;cursor=uhand;frametype=off;transparency=T) IDFButtonSpecial=ucmdbutton(representation=Uniface;cursor=uhand;frametype=off;font=IDFButtonText;labelfont=IDFButtonText;backcolor=#01A7E1;backcolorselect=#97D5EC;backcolorhover=#55C1E8;backcolorfocus=#0084CC;forecolor=white;forecolorselect=black;vsize=80;POSITION=CENTER) IDFOpenProfile=ueditbox(frame=T;font=editfont;autoselect=on;dimmedbackcolor=off;dblclk=detail;multiline=F) If you change these settings to the values in the U9.6 usys.ini file, the IDF will behave differently. Regards, Arno

Author: Arno Bonke (arno.bonke@uniface.com)
  5. Hi, do you use CommandButton or UnifaceButton? Or have you made your own buttons in Uniface 9.6, eg. fCommandButton=ucmdbutton(font=fbutton;tooltip=on;halign=center;valign=center) Regards RogerW.

Author: rogerw (roger.wallin@abilita.fi)
  6. Hi Gianni,   We have customized our configuration for u9.6.  Also we have followed standard process for moving from 9.6 to 9.7 there was few differences in ini file. I have updated u9.7 ini to sesame u9.6 ini but still issue remains same.   Thanks, Vasin159

7. I am stuck can anybody in community able to help regarding this issue looking for a positive response from community. As It is a knowledge sharing community. I will try my best to share knowledge of uniface at my end. Thanks, Vasin159

8. Vasin159, AFAIK buttons in U9.7 are regularly working with default configuration (.ini / .asn) and I/We have no trouble up to now migrating from U9.6 to U9.7. Two questions: - Have you customized your default U9.6 configuration? - Did you follow the standard procedure to move from U9.6 to U9.7? Regards, Gianni

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)