1737 - Referenced menu USYS_BAR does not exist.

Author: zoltan.seres@gmail.com (ZoliZoli)

Hi Community,   I'm a middle of a migration from 8.4.04 to 9.6 and one of the applications I compiled on 9.6 starts with the message in the header. Beside the message other issue seems to be with the panels not showing up. But I'm not sure the issues are related?! I could not find any reference in the code. What is USYS_BAR and why is it not found in 9.6?  Thanks for your help, Zoltan

4 Comments

1. It's probably your application startup shell menu (Check the properties of the app startup shell).    I seem to recall when we moved from 8.4 to 9.2 that the export to xml was dodgy when we did the entire repository, I think some messages or something were messing with it.  Try exporting the menus and the panels specifically to their own xml files, re-importing them and recompiling.    Iain

Author: Iain Sharp (i.sharp@pcisystems.co.uk)
  2. Hi Zoltan, Although the name seems to suggest that it is part of Uniface, there is no such menu in the sources of Uniface. You have no reference to it in the code but manybe it is defined as the menu for a Form or Startup Shell? Together with the panels not showing, you may want to check your installation and asn and ini files to make rteally sure you are not running a mix of Uniface 8 and 9. Theo

Author: Theo Neeskens (tneeskens@itblockz.nl)
  3. Hi Theo, Iian,   first of all thanks for your quick reply!   After a lookup of all the installation, asn and ini setting as Theo suggested I found a leak in the asn settings. The resource "usys:usysicon.uar" was not added to the application asn file thus the icons used by the panels could not be loaded. Nevertheless I still don't know where the message for the missing USYS_BAR comes from. Thanks for your help! Best, Zoltan

Author: ZoliZoli (zoltan.seres@gmail.com)
  4. ZoliZoli said ... Nevertheless I still don't know where the message for the missing USYS_BAR comes from. ...

Zoltan, intuitively from the name a USYS_BAR object should be a menu bar...but it could also be a misnamed popup menu or a panel...or another misnamed object... 1) Are you sure you have looked for into all possible fields referencing all type of menus? UCGROUP -> UPOPUP UCFIELD    -> UPOPUP UFORM      -> UPANEL, UPULL UXGROUP -> UPOPUP UXFIELD    -> UPOPUP UAPPL       -> UPANEL, SPANEL, UPULL, UPOPUP 2) Have you already tried to generate a deep log, example /pri=255, to find out when USYS_BAR is searched from the parent object/component? Good luck! Gianni

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)