[SOLVED] createInstance from javasript of component other the dsp

Author: m.doorne@amyyon.nl (Doomic)

today i wrote the code: > uniface.createInstance("ServiceName", "ServiceName", "OperationName", "Param1"); the result of the call was an uniface.NotCreated error "Instance not created.". That is fine... However, the serverside code in the operation of the service has been executed!   Running an operation that is not set to [public web] should never be executeable from the web, whatever type of component the operation exists in. How can i prevent this?

3 Comments

1. You need to compile all your components using the ASN-setting $REQUIRE_PUBLIC_DECL. This will make sure that only operations and triggers that contain a public web or public soap declaration can be activated by web clients or SOAP clients, respectively. Please be aware that you need at least the Uniface 9.7.04 patch G402 for this to work. I hope this helps. Kind regards, Daniel Iseli Uniface Technical Support P.S. Welcome to the Uniface.info forum

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  2. We have to check if we are able to upgrade to 9.7.04. But thank you, now we know how to fix.

Author: Doomic (m.doorne@amyyon.nl)
  3. You are welcome.

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)