[SOLVED] Unable to load usol32; error 126

Author: jverdugocall@csc.com (jverdugocall)

Hi All, We are migrating our application in Uniface 9.7.04 from SQL server 2012 to SQL Server 2016. In the ASN file we have changed the MSS connector to U5.1: [DRIVER_SETTINGS] SOL U3.2 SEQ U1.0 MSS U5.1 TXT U1.0 USYS$MSS_PARAMS = step:9999,mapping:2, procs:off, ids:quoted, gran:row The following error appears when running the application: "Unable to load usol32; error 126 ('No se puede encontrar el módulo especificado') -> Translated -> ('Specified module not found') *** The DLL could not be loaded either in the USYSBIN directory or via the PATH variable. *** Check if its directory is in the correct place in the PATH variable. Current PATH shown below. (Here is the windows PATH) ... " The INI file is well configured: [paths] helpdir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Uniface\Uniface 9.7.04\common\doc\help usys=C:\Program Files (x86)\Uniface\Uniface 9.7.04\common\usys usysadm=C:\Program Files (x86)\Uniface\Uniface 9.7.04\common\adm usysins=C:\Program Files (x86)\Uniface\Uniface 9.7.04 usyscom=C:\Program Files (x86)\Uniface\Uniface 9.7.04\common usysuniface=C:\Program Files (x86)\Uniface\Uniface 9.7.04\uniface javascript=C:\Program Files (x86)\Uniface\Uniface 9.7.04\uniface\webapps\uniface\dspjs I have tried also to add: usysbin=C:\Program Files (x86)\Uniface\Uniface 9.7.04\common\bin and put all the locations with double quotes. I have also tried to copy the usol40.dll file to one of the locations from the windows PATH. Any idea? Thanks in advance and regards.

7 Comments

1. Hello, You need to change the entry for the Solid connector as well. There is no Solid U3.2 connector in Uniface 9.7, but only a U4.0 (see usol40.dll). And you probably also need to update your Solid version. The U3.2 connector is for Solid version 3.1 and the U4.0 connector for Solid version 6.5. Hope this helps. Kind regards, Daniel Iseli Uniface Technical Support

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  2. I have noticed that usol32.dll exists in older versions and that these files correspond to the connectors. I have changed SOL connector from U3.2 to U4.0: [DRIVER_SETTINGS] SOL U4.0 SEQ U1.0 MSS U4.0 TXT U1.0 but still doesn't work!!! Confused

Author: jverdugocall (jverdugocall@csc.com)
  3. Thanks for your reply. Which version of Solid is installed on your machine? The Solid U4.0 connector will only work with Solid version 6.5. And please keep in mind that you need the 32-bit version here. Hope this helps.

4. We don't have a Solid database. Only the MSS one. But if I comment the SOL connector line, the following error appears repeatedly: "Unable to locate: UDBSOL *** The application has tried to dynamically perform this 3GL function but could not find it. *** Check if you have an entry for this function in the [USER_3GL] section of you assignment file" Thanks.

5. Thanks for clarifying this. In that case it seems that one of the default paths is not mapped in your ASN-file. in that case Uniface will fall back to the Solid connector (which is the internal default). The paths in question are: > $DEF > $SYS > $UUU > $IDF And also make sure that you don't use any paths in your [ENTITES] section that are not defined in the [PATHS] section. In case you run the application with /pri=63 or (with the ASN-setting $ioprint=63) then you should be able to see in the log file which path Uniface tries to access here. Hope this helps. Daniel

6. It's already working. Doing tests had commented some of the lines you had mentioned. Thanks for the support.Kiss

7. Thanks for your reply. And you are welcome. Good to hear that you got this working now. Cool