[SOLVED] Barcode 128

Author: cdouglass@siriussoftware.com.au (Colin)

Hello Everyone, I am trying to print a barcode using 128 symbology. Its a very simple code, up to 7 numerics (can sometimes be 6) followed by a TAB character. Because of the TAB character I am trying to use 128A. I cannot get it work no matter what I do. The font is installed and the usys.ini file has been changed to put the font into both the [PRINTER] and [SCREEN] sections. When I paint the field on the component and go to the widget properties to select the font, the barcode font appears in the list but shows text (the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog) as the preview. The lack of preview tells me something isn't quite right but because I know nothing of barcode128 I ignored that and moved on. I wrote a component that takes the string to be encoded and attempts to create the string the barcode128 requires including the checkdigit. I obviously an doing something wrong because despite hours of trying I can't fix it. Does anyone have any useful hints or tips, maybe even some sample code to help me out? Thanks in advance.

7 Comments

1. I Colin, may be the font is not installed into your local pc  in C:\windows\fonts  dir. Usually you must see the field font as barcode 

Author: TheAleph (mail@gandg.it)
  2. TheAleph said I Colin, may be the font is not installed into your local pc  in C:\windows\fonts  dir. Usually you must see the field font as barcode   

Hello TheAleph, Thanks for your reply but the font is installed correctly. It works in Word etc.

Author: Colin (cdouglass@siriussoftware.com.au)
  3. in my  usys.ini  file the font is defined  in [screen]  and [printer] as follow: barcode128b=fontbc128,60,regular fontbc128  is the name of the font as seen in c:\windows\fonts bye

Author: TheAleph (mail@gandg.it)
  4. Hello Colin, This should work:

[SCREEN] & [PRINTER] barcode128b=fontbc128,Symbol,60,regular

If you don't set the CharacterSet to Symbol (for graphical fonts) then the barcode font is just shown/printed as a "regular" font. Hope this helps. Kind regards, Daniel

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  5. Thanks for that Daniel. It did work. I couldn't find the use of 'symbol' anywhere in the documentation. I am using 9.06.02 (x603).

Author: Colin (cdouglass@siriussoftware.com.au)
  6. Colin said Thanks for that Daniel. It did work. I couldn't find the use of 'symbol' anywhere in the documentation. I am using 9.06.02 (x603).  

Your are welcome. It seems that this info (along with a Barcode font example) was added to the Uniface 9.7.04 documentation: > Uniface Reference > Configuration Settings: Initialization > [screen] > Uniface Reference > Configuration Settings: Initialization > [printer] Hope this helps. Daniel

7. Added a small sample form that shows how the Barcode 128 font can be used. See Community samples and the direct download here. Hope this is useful. Daniel