GOLD Key , Keypad +

Author: gls.tools@free.fr (Gilles)

Hello, Under Windows (uniface 9.7) , I try to restore the default value (+)  to "keypad +". I don't want anymore to associate this key with GOLD. I try to modify my Keyboard Translation table (based on MSWINX) : In the  section ^^ Base definitions: Gold is Gray  1) ^137+ ^GOLD --> modify to ---> ^137+    + 2) ^137+ ^GOLD --> modify to ---> ^137+    ^43 3)  ^137+ ^GOLD --> modify to ---> ^137+    ^NUL In the section ^^ Other keypad keys (GOLD is also defined here) 1) ^137+ ^GOLD --> modify to ---> ^137+    + 2) ^137+ ^GOLD --> modify to ---> ^137+    ^43 3)  ^137+ ^GOLD --> modify to ---> ^137+    ^NUL  But in all (mixed) cases when i press on the key,  i have + (one +) or ++ (two +) randomly. Cry example : i press keys 1+1+1+1+   i see: 1+1++1++1+ Any ideas ? Thanks. Gilles.

6 Comments

1. Hello Gilles, It should be enough to comment out the two lines and recompile the KTT. But the default mapping for the Gold-key (in MSWINX) is ^136+ and not ^137+ (which is Shift Keypad +). So the following should do work: > ^136+ ^GOLD –> modify to —> ^^136+ ^GOLD Hope this helps. Daniel

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  2. Hi Daniel, Thank you for your reply, i did a mistake in my topic (copy/paste)Embarassed , i tried with ^136 too . Gilles.

Author: Gilles (gls.tools@free.fr)
  3. Hi Daniel, You right, It work corretly with ^136. The problem seems to be with the HTML widget. I don't have the problem in editbox widget.   Gilles.

4. Hi Gilles, Thanks for your reply. I had another look and you are right. Even when you comment out the mentioned lines, then the keypad + seems to work intermittently. It seems that the following line is causing this: > ^136+^SP ^SUPER When I also comment out this line and add the following: > ^136+ + Then the keypad + seems to work fine (in the edit box and the HTML widget). Hope this helps. Daniel

5. Hi Daniel, Right!, i do the modification for the "SUPER" key. My problem occurs with G306 but not with G319 , maybe is corrected with G318 BUG 31480. Problem is resolved. Thank for all, Gilles.

6. Gilles said Hi Daniel, Right!, i do the modification for the "SUPER" key. My problem occurs with G306 but not with G319 , maybe is corrected with G318 BUG 31480. Problem is resolved. Thank for all, Gilles.  

Hi Gilles, Thanks for your reply and you are welcome. And you are correct, the BUG#31480 also plays a role here when the HTML widget is used. Glad to hear that this is resolved now (when using patch G318 or higher). Daniel