/exe UEXTN

Author: andrew.wilkins@hl.co.uk (Andrew Wilkins)

Hi, I recently discovered the ability to open the IDF in component editor for a given form component: ...IDF /exe UEXTN NODDY_FRM So far I can't get it to load a service directly - it seems only to retrieve UFORM for forms:  Where (((UINHERIT = F) And (UTRANSACT = '0'))) And ((ULABEL = 'NODDY_SVC')) -> hits 0 . Has anyone been able to use .exe UEXTN to edit non-form components? I note that this issue was raised in this forum 5 years ago but there was no resolution back then. Is there still a wish-list?

3 Comments

1. Hi Andrew, if you look for /exe into the ULibrary probably you could get answer to your first question... /exe switch options are usually used by a 3GL program (for example, a CASE integration program) that needs to call forms of the Uniface Development Environment. These options are not generic ones; they were generated with a precise scope in mind. Wishlist: looking currently for /exe or exe does not report any wish...so if they exist as question in the forum 5 years ago either they has never become a wish or they were closed because out of scope. Gianni

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)
  2. Hi Andrew, another suggestion which costs a little "internal" investigation, is based on the form "Global Actions" (USYS:UUBACT49) If you find a way to populate the first field with your componentname (whatever type) and then simulate hitting the menu "File" => "Edit" ... Greetings from Frankfurt/Germany, Uli

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  3. Hi Andrew, Having just installed Uniface 10, a little warning for you: /exe is declared deprecated and not longer supported in the new Uniface version... /exe (Switch that was specific to the Development Environment. No longer supported.) Gianni

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)