[SOLVED] Struct DataType not available anymore in 9.6.07

Author: richard.gill@agfa.com (richard.gill)

In 9.6.06, the Struct DataType was available for the model field definition. This type is also available in 9.7. The 9.6.07 version does not permit such a DataType. We have created a tool (to encapsulate the handling of REST requests) based on an entity defining entries in its Local Prod Modules. Those entries use non-database fields of type Struct to contain revelant information about a REST request and the to be generated response. This method permits us to avoid using component variables for a generic and shared tool. It seems to touch only the IDF, as the DataType now appear empty in the model, while a component compiles with this entity, and struct fields are addressables.

9 Comments

1. I did a quick test here with version 9.6.07 and I still can see the Data Type Struct on the Define Field form (in the Model or the Component Editor). What exact patch level are you using? Or did you test this with a separate (and unpatched) Uniface 9.6.07 installation? It, however, sounds as if there might be something wrong with your installation (e.g. it is incomplete or corrupted). Just an idea. Hope this helps. Thanks, Daniel

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  2. diseli said I did a quick test here with version 9.6.07 and I still can see the Data Type Struct on the Define Field form (in the Model or the Component Editor). What exact patch level are you using? Or did you test this with a separate (and unpatched) Uniface 9.6.07 installation? It, however, sounds as if there might be something wrong with your installation (e.g. it is incomplete or corrupted). Just an idea.

hi Daniel My apologies, I tested a separate "clean" installation of Uniface 9.6.07 (the version used globally is an unpatched one, although we will soon integrate the x705) and it works as expected. I don't know why now it's not available in the one we use. That could be a bad assignment or setting in .ini, I will investigate. Kind regards, Richard P.S.: How to edit the title to inform there is no issue, once someone has replied?

Author: richard.gill (richard.gill@agfa.com)
  3. Hi Richard, Thanks for the info. And I hope that you can isolate the problem quickly. Kind regards, Daniel

4. richard.gill said  P.S.: How to edit the title to inform there is no issue, once someone has replied?

A 'Solved: ' addition to the title, to be decided on by the topic starter would be a good addition to this forum, I suppose. Or do we have such a thing already and is it just me that doesn't know how to use itWink ?

Author: Arjen van Vliet (arjen.van.vliet@uniface.com)
  5. Arjen van Vliet said
    richard.gill said  P.S.: How to edit the title to inform there is no issue, once someone has replied?
    A 'Solved: ' addition to the title, to be decided on by the topic starter would be a good addition to this forum, I suppose. Or do we have such a thing already and is it just me that doesn't know how to use itWink ?

When I position the mouse cursor to the left of the time stamp of a post then the icon for the Forum Toolset appears. And in the menu of the Toolset I then can edit the title of a topic. I know that I have some extra permissions that allows me to do this, but I would expect that a topic starter also has the right to change the title of the topic he started. Maybe an Admin can answer this? And in case a topic has been sufficiently answered then I usually add "[SOLVED]" to the title. It would of course be good practice if the topic starter would/could do this. Wink Daniel

6. ... I know that I have some extra permissions that allows me to do this, but I would expect that a topic starter also has the right to change the title of the topic he started. Maybe an Admin can answer this? Daniel

Hi Daniel, just tested it: looks like an ordinary member can click on the icon on the starting post, but nothing happens. I'm allowed to edit my starting post (??? why not my other posts ???), but this does not include the title   Greetings from Frankfurt/Germany, Uli

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  7. Hi It seems the possibility to edit the post title is available only until someone replied, because I could edit my post (including the title) before Daniel replied, but can't anymore (not having anything appearing to the left of the timestamp on mouse over, only the Profile link is shown when hovering the author icon). Kind regard, Richard

Author: richard.gill (richard.gill@agfa.com)
  8. richard.gill said Hi It seems the possibility to edit the post title is available only until someone replied, because I could edit my post (including the title) before Daniel replied, but can't anymore (not having anything appearing to the left of the timestamp on mouse over, only the Profile link is shown when hovering the author icon). Kind regard, Richard

But where is the actual '[SOLVED]' in this topic title coming from thenConfused?

Author: Arjen van Vliet (arjen.van.vliet@uniface.com)
  9. Arjen van Vliet said But where is the actual '[SOLVED]' in this topic title coming from thenConfused?

That's my doing (see my previous post above). Wink