[SOLVED] Grids, save Layout and hidden columns

Author: alex.meyers@cevi.be (ceviame)

we are using 9.6.06/X603 a form with a grid is activated from 2 different points in the application from point 1 all the columns are shown and when you change width of a column the state is saved  from point 2 some columns are hidden and when you change the width of a column the state is NOT saved is this as intended or is this a bug ?   regards Alex

2 Comments

1. The described behavior is as intended and documented:

Uniface Library > Uniface Reference > Widgets: Forms and Reports > Widgets: Forms and Reports: Layout Management [...]  The column sizes are stored in the registry and are automatically restored the next time the form is started. However, the layout of the grid is only stored when all columns have a size. This ensures that columns that may have been hidden (by $columnsyntax) are visible when the form is restarted. Row heights are not restored.

For additional info see also the following post: Grid widgets and defaulting columns to HID I hope this helps. Regards, Daniel

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  2. I have built an set of include procs which store grid widget column sizes in those cases where Uniface does not store them itself. I can let you have them if you'd like.    Iain

Author: Iain Sharp (i.sharp@pcisystems.co.uk)