[SOLVED] Windows Server 2012 R2 Compatibility

Author: sarah.pontin@newport.gov.uk (sarah_jane77uk)

Hi   We have a Windows Server 2012 R2 server with Uniface 9.6 installed, we are receiving the 'Platform Unsupported - Fatal Error 9032' reported.  We are running Uniface 9.6.01.02.   Can anyone please advise ?   Thanks   Sarah

9 Comments

1. Hello Sarah, Windows Server 2012 R2 is supported with the Uniface release 9.6.04 (or higher). For details see the Uniface 9.6 PAM xls (Product Availability Matrix). What you can do is to download and install the Maintenance Pack MX03. And then it should be possible to start Uniface 9.6 on Windows Server 2012 R2. Please note that the most recent patch for Uniface 9.6 at this moment is X605 (version 9.6.06 + X605). Hope this helps. Daniel

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  2. Hi   Thanks, i've had a look at the download list and went for the w64 (server is 64bit), I have downloaded the 3 exe files and extracted to my Uniform installation.  Is there a step i'm missing as excatly the same error is appearing.   Thanks   Sarah

Author: sarah_jane77uk (sarah.pontin@newport.gov.uk)
  3. Hi Sarah, Thanks for your reply. But are you sure that your Uniface installation is 64-bit? It's not really important if you are using a 64-bit Windows version or not. Important is if you've installed the 32- or the 64-bit version of Uniface. If you check the ReadMe.htm file in the root directory of your Uniface 9.6 installation then you should find a table with the Platform Availability information: if the ICode mentioned there is W32 then it's the 32-bit and if it's W64 then it's the 64-bit version. But what exactly do you mean by "[you] have downloaded the 3 exe files"? Or are you referring to what I've mentioned in my last post: the PAM, MX03 and X605? Anyway, it might be best to just install the latest patch, which is (as mentioned) X605. If you check the ReadMe of the patch (e.g. w32x605A.txt) then you'll find the per-requisites (in the Patch Description) and the installation information:

"(1). Patch Description ---------------------- This patch is intended to solve the problems described below. Only install this patch if one of the problems described below is critical for you.

Make sure that you only install this patch on the correct platform and release of the Uniface APS product.

Make sure that you only install this patch on top of Uniface APS version 9.6.01, 9.6.02, 9.6.03, 9.6.04, 9.6.05 or 9.6.06.

This patch is an increment of patch mx05 (9.6.06) and contains all the mx01, mx02, mx03, mx04 and mx05 fixes. See the 9602.txt, 9603.txt, 9604.txt, 9605.txt and 9606.txt readme files included in the release_notes folder for the list of fixes.

If you have any doubts or questions about installing this patch please contact your local support representative."

"(3). Installation information ----------------------------- - Stop all Uniface APS related processes, including    * Client applications    * Server applications    * URouter

- Run the selfextracting executable   and type the directory in which you   have installed Uniface APS Version 9601 or   Uniface APS Version 9606   when prompted for "Unzip to Folder"

- If your application uses a UOBJ.DOL file, you should update your   DOL file using /dol." Once you've installed the patch correctly then the "Platform Unsupported" error should go away. Hope this helps. Daniel

4. Hi   Thank you for your response, i've just had a look at the readme file and it seems as though it is a 32 bit version which is very strange as it was previously installed on a Windows 2008 R2 server.   I have had a look in the download section and I cannot see anything titled X605, they all seem to be pre-fixed with a 9xxx.  I apologise for this, I had assumed that our supplier would resolve this issue for us.   Thanks Sarah

5. Hi Sarah, Thanks again for your reply. The Patches and Maintenance Packs for Uniface are located on the Uniface Downloads site for which you need a separate user account. It might be best to contact your supplier, since he should have access to the Downloads site. And I also don't know if your supplier has a specific patch policy. Some of our customers only support a specific patch version for a specific Uniface release with their application after it has gone through a verification process. So your supplier should tell you which patch level you should use when using their Uniface application on Windows Server 2012 R2. Hope this helps. Daniel P.S. You can find a list of all released patches for the different Uniface versions on the Maintenance page here on Uniface.info. And there you also can find further instructions on how to download a patch (see e.g. Patch Listing for Release 9.6.06).

6. Hi   I have a user account for the download site, I chose the 9604 and the w64, do I need all the files that are in this section ?  Our supplier were under the impression that the version we were on was compatible. Thanks Sarah

7. Hi Sarah, No, you don't need all the files. All Uniface 9.6 patches are incremental - meaning a Uniface 9.6 patch includes all the fixes of previous released Uniface 9.6 patches. In case your supplier does not give you any recommendations for a specific patch then it might be best to install the latest version 9.6 patch, which is X605 (as previously mentioned). But since you've mentioned before that you are using the 32-bit version of Uniface then you also need to install the 32-bit version of the patch. Do not install a 64-bit version of a patch on top of 32-bit installation! The mentioned patch can be found here:

• https://download.uniface.com/downloads/Uniface/patches/9606/w32/

And this is the direct download link:

• https://download.uniface.com/downloads/Uniface/patches/9606/w32/w32x605A.exe

Also, any details about how to install the patch can be found in the readme of the patch (w32x605A.txt). You can either find the readme in the Patch EXE or here:

• https://download.uniface.com/downloads/Uniface/patches/9606/w32/w32x605A.txt

But it's a bit weird that your supplier does not know the minimum requirements for running Uniface 9.6 on Windows Server 2012 R2. I only hope that you have the correct license for running the application on Windows Server 2012 R2, since this is not the same as for Windows Server 2008 R2 (depending on the Windows license feature you've been provided). Please contact your supplier if you have any further questions about the license. Hope this helps. Daniel

8. Thank you for all your help.  I have extracted, made a copy of my current Uniface folder, trying to extract to new folder and it's asking me for a password.   I think I might just wait for the supplier to get back to me and resolve.

9. You are welcome. And I hope you can sort this out with your supplier quickly. Good luck. Daniel