[SOLVED] SaveTabForm state

Author: p.lovati@pokerspa.it (PaoloLovati)

Hi, in a "Contained" form (to be displayed in a Tab widget) with split bars and a grid widget the state of the component is saved only once, while the state of the grid widget is updated each time the application is closed. Keep Layout State property is switched on at both the form level and the grid level and HISTORY initialization setting in switched to ON. The Layout State Storage property is defined as COMPONENT. Am I missing something or may be a bug? TYA Paolo

10 Comments

1. Hi Paolo, Maybe I'm stating the obvious here, but did you also enable the SaveTabForm INI setting? Just checking. And which Uniface version and patch level are you using? I'm currently not aware that there's a problem with this. Thanks, Daniel

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  2. Hi Daniel, yes, the SaveTabForm INI setting is switched to ON and the application runs on 9.6.04.02, X401A. In the Registry the "gridlayout_<bom>_<ent>" value is always updated while the "formlayout2" seems only to be inserted once and never updated. If I delete both value entries from the registry while the application is still running, when the appl. is closed in the registry I find only the "gridlayout" value. Thanks, Paolo

Author: PaoloLovati (p.lovati@pokerspa.it)
  3. Hi Paolo, Thanks for your reply. I only can assume that the described behavior is occurring in a very specific scenario. If this would be a general problem then we should have heard about it by now - and I'm currently not aware of any open issue in this area. Could you please contact support and log a new case (for details see: CONTACT SUPPORT AND CALL LOGGING). It would be helpful if you also could provide an isolated test-set that would allow support to replicate the issue. Please note that the patch X401A has been withdrawn (for details see following post in the Uniface Technical Support forum: Patch X401 for Uniface version 9.6.04 is re-released today). I would strongly recommend you to either install the patch X401(C) or any newer patch for Uniface 9.6. The most current patch for Uniface 9.6 is BTW X603. However, in case you still use Windows XP then you cannot use any higher patches than the version 9.6.04 patch X402. Hope this helps. Thanks, Daniel

4. Hi Daniel, I'll contact SUPPORT and I'll try to reproduce this behavior with a small test-set. Unfortunately some customers of ours are still using Windows XP clients and this is why we didn't upgrade to a higher Uniface version. Btw I can install the patch X402... Thanks a lot for your help. Paolo

5. Hi Paolo, Thanks for your reply. And you are welcome. Good luck with this. Daniel

6.  Hi Daniel, I've got it!Smile The behavior is due to an "exit(0)" statement at the end of the <QUIT> trigger of the parent form (the one with the TAB field). The layout and grid states of the form contained in the TAB are correctly saved and updated in the registry by removing the statement. Paolo

7. Hi Paolo, Thanks for the info. And it's good to hear that you could isolate the problem. Cool I did a quick test here and I also can replicate the described problem when I use the version 9.6.04 patch X401C. When I, however, use the latest patch for Uniface 9.6 (which is the version 9.6.06 patch X604) then the tab layout is stored correctly - regardless if there's a "exit(0)" statement in the <Quit> trigger. I still need to do some additional tests here. I would like to find out in which patch the problem was resolved. Will keep you posted. Hope this helps. Daniel

8. Hi Paolo, Here's another update: it looks like as if the described problem first has been resolved with the version 9.6.06 patch X603. Hope this helps. Daniel

9. Hi Daniel, Thanks a lot for the info. As you said in a previous post I cannot use any higher patches than the version 9.6.04 patch X402 due to Windows XP environment. I'll solve the problem with a procedural approach until I'll be able to install a newer version. Thanks again. Paolo

10. Hi Paolo, Thanks for the info. And you are welcome. Daniel