[SOLVED] X501: Global Search crashes

Author: l_giuliante@shsistemi.it (LG1949)

I have installed Uniface 9.6.05 Patch X501 (w32x501.exe on Windows 7 -  64 bit platform) but now Global Search crashes. Restored Uniface 9.6.05 without new patch and now Global Search works. Best regards

3 Comments

1. LG1949 said I have installed Uniface 9.6.05 Patch X501 (w32x501.exe on Windows 7 -  64 bit platform) but now Global Search crashes. Restored Uniface 9.6.05 without new patch and now Global Search works. Best regards

Our engineers had in the meantime a look at this issue and it seems that the reported problem is caused by a side-effect of the bug fix 30450 ("Problems with large entities in Oracle with unicode_smp option"). While analyzing this matter we've also discovered other problems with the fix that could cause a crash: * Using scan/$scan for searching or matching a syntax string * Compiling large forms As a result of our findings it has been decided to re-release the patch X501 without the fix for BUG 30450. The solution for the mentioned bug will be reworked and (if everything goes according to plan) delivered with the next version 9.6.05 patch (X502) that is scheduled for end of August. Another announcement will be posted here in the Uniface Technical Support forum once the patch X501 has been re-released. Best regards, Daniel Iseli Senior Customer TSA, Uniface

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  2. Hi Daniel,   I can not agree with your "does not belonge here" to LG1949:   If there's something wrong with the patch, the warning should be part of the thread about the patch so others do not fall in the same pit.

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  3. LG1949 said I have installed Uniface 9.6.05 Patch X501 (w32x501.exe on Windows 7 -  64 bit platform) but now Global Search crashes. Restored Uniface 9.6.05 without new patch and now Global Search works. Best regards

Hello, Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I did a quick test and I also can see a crash when using Global Search with X501. Could you please open a new support call for this problem so that we can trace this issue? For details about contacting support and call logging see: http://unifaceinfo.com/contact-support-call-logging/ And please note that this forum is intended for Uniface to communicate updates and information to the developer community. Questions from customers should not be posted here. So in the future please post this kind of feedback in the appropriate forum (e.g. Uniface Development: http://unifaceinfo.com/forum/unifacedevelopment/). Thanks! Best regards, Daniel Iseli Senior Customer TSA, Uniface

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)