X502: documentation for #pragma fsyntaxoverride is confusing

Author: ulrichmerkel@web.de (ulrich-merkel)

the documentation for #pragma fsyntaxoverride is confusing: does it REALLY mean that wherever the #pragma is introduced in the proc it works for the complete component? Because it's an entity issue, it would expect this #pragma to work in the scope of the entity.

2 Comments

1. Hi Uli, I understand you concerns, but this is how it has been implemented: The #PRAGMA's scope is the component, not the entity. Please specify in in the component level defines trigger. Unfortunately we currently have no way give a compiler error when the #PRAGMA is not in the component level. Arranging that would have cost too much time for this migration aid. Specifing the #PRAGMA anywhere else that in the component level defines trigger can lead to unwanted results as the compiler switches behavior from the point where it finds the #pragma onwards. I hope this clears the confusion. Theo

Author: Theo Neeskens (tneeskens@itblockz.nl)
  2. Hi Theo, may I recommend to change the documentation to a clear: #pragma fsyntaxoverride has to be used in the Component Defines Trigger and sets the behaviour for the complete component.   The current documentation is just confusing.   From all the other precompiler directives, I would have expected that a setting in the Entity Defines Trigger will influence only the behaviour for this entity.   This would allow to set this #pragma even in the model so it works for all components where the entitymarker is painted.

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)