[SOLVED] Message frame pop up?

Author: jens.fyhn@cgi.com (jfyhn)

Hi. In some of our environments and for one screen the message frame keeps popping up whenever there is storing of data and something is written to the message frame. I cannot find any code that do this, and have no idea why the message screen appears. Any ideas why this is happening or, more important how to avoid it? Thanks, Jens

4 Comments

1. The message frame has no options for popping up automatically. Please do a proc tracing to see what is happening. Of course it could be a Uniface bug, but I suspect that it is in your code and you just have not found it yet. Or maybe you mean the Transcript Window instead of the Message Frame?

Author: Theo Neeskens (tneeskens@itblockz.nl)
  2. Hi jfyhn, Theo is right...the best choice is to reproduce the problem tracing what's happening under the surface... By the way an instruction like: macro "^MESSAGE" could be the one opening the message frame... Ciao, Gianni

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)
  3. Could be a keyboard issue. Is this only happening on one particular PC? Is it happening on a laptop or a desktop? If a desktop, can you change keyboards? Might be the 'M' key? or <ctrl> key? Is it happening on a Citrix env? Citrix or another VM (Windows, VMWare, etc) can sometimes lock a key down. This has heppened to me in the passed.

Author: rkrite (rkrite@gmail.com)
  4. Found it, thanks a lot, Theo, Gianni and rkite With debugger I just ran past it, but with proc tracing a found a small global proc within another proc doing a macro "^message" in some cases. Best Regards, Jens

Author: jfyhn (jens.fyhn@cgi.com)