Different behaviour for conversion string=>numeric when using the debugger

Author: bschmidt@arz-emmendingen.de (BenjaminSchmidt)

Hi, I discovered a strange behaviour in Uniface-Version 9.3.02.1 I got this very simple function entry LP_Conversion params string someValue : IN numeric convertedValue : OUT endparams convertedValue = someValue end ; When I´m calling the function with the non numeric (not completely) value "200,00" then result parameter is empty. Which is not what I expected ... So I used the debugger to jump to the assignment. And when I execute the command where the conversion happens (convertedValue = someValue) the result parameter is set with 200. That´s what I expected. But why is there a different behaviour when executing the statement with debugger and without? Has anybody else discovered something similar? Thanks a lot. greets Benjamin

3 Comments

1. Hi Benjamin, Just tested your code on 9.5.01 and 9.6.03 and 9.6.04 Works fine there without using the debugger. Theo

Author: Theo Neeskens (tneeskens@itblockz.nl)
  2. Hi Theo, thank you for the response. Could you tell me, which of the two different behaviours (output-Parameter is filled or output-parameter is empty) will be under the higher versions? Thanks a lot. greets Benjamin

Author: BenjaminSchmidt (bschmidt@arz-emmendingen.de)
  3. When I put the string 200,00 in I get the number 200 back on 9.5.01 and 9.6.03 and 9.6.04.

Author: Theo Neeskens (tneeskens@itblockz.nl)