How to read occurence from 3GL ?

Author: kevin.palm@labsolution.lu (palm.kevin)

Hi all,

I desperately am looking for a way to read all fields of an occurrence painted in my entity.
Basically I would like to have a "getlistitems/occ" but in my 3GL code... (C)

In the Uniface documentation I found the method ugget but it seems that this method only works on database fields... (This is not mentionned in the documentation but I discovered this behavior)

Does anybody know how to achieve the wanted behavior: Read from C all painted fields of an occurrence independently if the field is a database or non-database-field (regardless if DB- or dummy-entity)

Thanks

4 Comments

1. try ufget, ugget returns only fields which are on the fieldlist (or add the local fields to your fieldlist)

Uli

Or add an operation to yoour component with the putlistitems/occ and start it via 3GL

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  2. Hi Uli,

I would like to be able to read any entity from any component .

The C extension has no knowledge of the fieldnames of the entity (thus cannot use ufget) nor of the operations defined in 4GL...

The only information provided to my C extension method is the name of the entity and with that it should be able to read all fields of the current occurence of this entity... (associated list)

Kind regards,

Kevin

Author: palm.kevin (kevin.palm@labsolution.lu)
  3. so it looks like this is a no-go-one.

As long as no "insider" unveils another undocumented feature how to enumerate bound objects ?

Perhaps if you talk to your local CPWR contact and provide enough "motivation" ???

4. have you experimented adding all fields to the fieldlist ??

what happens with a user-defined one holding all your fields (even non-db?).