grumbel, where is the wishlist if you need one: "How to get the current profile"

Author: i2stiller@gmx.de (istiller)

Hi freaks A simple task: To get the current profile of an unfetch row in a generic way Problem: If one use a database field as a right-hand-side-expression, UnifAce tries to fetch the row. If this happens outside a READ-trigger: No useable values (as the are already the fetched one ),  but no crash If you want to do this in READ-trigger before the READ: Stack overflow->Crash So how to implement - for debugging purpose - a simple output of the profile that a user typed in? $ioprint will also give you some hints, but not end-user friendly and no chance for further processing @UnifAce   a) where is the promise whishlist?   b) how to get the current profile? Ingo

5 Comments

1. istiller said @UnifAce   a) where is the promise whishlist?

Work in progress, the replacement to 'this version' of Uniface.info is being finalised. It is not 'far away'. 

Author: Adrian Gosbell (adrian.gosbell@synapse-i.jp)
  2. Ingo, putlistitems/occ in a "retrieve" trigger? Knut

Author: Knut (knut.dybendahl@gmail.com)
  3. Knut said Ingo, putlistitems/occ in a "retrieve" trigger? Knut  

Hi Knut That was my first choise to get the profile. But unfortunately this will end in an endless loop -> crash All fields in this statement are RHS (right-hand-side) expression, so UnifAce will/have to fetch them Ingo

Author: istiller (i2stiller@gmx.de)
  4. Ingo, Rather than trying to do it in the read trigger - I'd have a local proc doing the retrieve. That way, you can have the outer/inner etc handled, and putlistitems/occ won't crash Uniface. Knut

Author: Knut (knut.dybendahl@gmail.com)
  5. Knut said Ingo, Rather than trying to do it in the read trigger - I'd have a local proc doing the retrieve. That way, you can have the outer/inner etc handled, and putlistitems/occ won't crash Uniface. Knut  

Hi Knut A possible solution, but ... Wink But you have to replace all RETRIEVEs by a GP_RETRIEVE. Okay, maybe in future I/we will do so Laugh BTW: Next crash: $empty() does also try to retrieve on the fly @UnifAce: a) Please mark in docu all proc-statements, which are doing a retrieve on the fly if not done (i.e all RHS expressions regarding the hitlist) b) Is it possible to check, weather a RETRIEVE allready done or not? Without an endlesse loop of courceConfused Ingo

Author: istiller (i2stiller@gmx.de)