[SOLVED] ATTACH property, multi ocurrence entity and scrollbar

Author: fearandir@gmail.com (fearandir)

Hi all. I am developing a custom solution to adapt our uniface application to multiple screen resolutions. My aproach is use the ATTACH property dinamically via Global Proc to automatize the process when it is posibble. It is working "fine" but i have an issue with multi-ocurrence entitites (not grids). As i need to apply $fieldproperties dinamically for each occurence, the fields "move" or "resize" but the scrollbar stays on the initial position...   Example: Initial design:     After $fieldproperties:     Is it a way to solve this? Thanks in advance, Sergio

9 Comments

1. Hi Sergio, Have you tried applying the ATTACH-property to the (mult-occ) entity (using $entityproperties)? For example:

$entityproperties("ENT1", "ATTACH") = "ATTACH=HSize"

Just make sure that there's enough room to display the scrollbar. Hope this helps. Daniel

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  2. diseli said Hi Sergio, Have you tried applying the ATTACH-property to the (mult-occ) entity (using $entityproperties)? For example:
    Just make sure that there's enough room to display the scrollbar. Hope this helps. Daniel  

Yes, i tried. But without visual effect at all

Author: fearandir (fearandir@gmail.com)
  3. fearandir said
    diseli said Hi Sergio, Have you tried applying the ATTACH-property to the (mult-occ) entity (using $entityproperties)? For example:

I did a quick test here and for me it works as expected (the scrollbar is moved when I resize the form). Not sure why it would not work for you.

4. diseli said
    fearandir said
    diseli said Hi Sergio, Have you tried applying the ATTACH-property to the (mult-occ) entity (using $entityproperties)? For example:
    I did a quick test here and for me it works as expected (the scrollbar is moved when I resize the form). Not sure why it would not work for you.  
    diseli said
    fearandir said

Could you attach the demo form as a xml export?   Could be it happens because my multi ocurrence entity is painted inside another (single ocurrence) entity? Thanks.

5. fearandir said Could you attach the demo form as a xml export?   Could be it happens because my multi ocurrence entity is painted inside another (single ocurrence) entity? Thanks.  

Currently it's not possible to add attachments to a post. I've placed the export instead on the FTP server: https://file.ac/d3qvCRsyEKQ/ I don't know how long the download will be available. The sample form includes an outer entity and a multi-occ inner entity. In my case it does not seem to make a difference if the mult-occ entity is a child of another entity or not. And I've tested this with Uniface 9.7.04 + G417. Hope this helps. Daniel

6. diseli said
    fearandir said Could you attach the demo form as a xml export?   Could be it happens because my multi ocurrence entity is painted inside another (single ocurrence) entity? Thanks.  
    Currently it's not possible to add attachments to a post. I've placed the export instead on the FTP server: https://file.ac/d3qvCRsyEKQ/ I don't know how long the download will be available. The sample form includes an outer entity and a multi-occ inner entity. In my case it does not seem to make a difference if the mult-occ entity is a child of another entity or not. And I've tested this with Uniface 9.7.04 + G417. Hope this helps. Daniel  

Thanks.   Oh well. Seems is not working under uniface 9.6.4.0:   Regards, Sergio   At least i am not a mad man.

7. fearandir said
    diseli said
    fearandir said Could you attach the demo form as a xml export?   Could be it happens because my multi ocurrence entity is painted inside another (single ocurrence) entity? Thanks.  
    Thanks.   Oh well. Seems is not working under uniface 9.6.4.0:   Regards, Sergio   At least i am not a mad man.  

Sorry, I probably should have mentioned that the ATTACH-property for entities is only supported since version 9.7.01 (see What's New in Uniface 9.7.01). Embarassed Regards, Daniel

8. No problem Daniel. We are expecting to migrate to 9.7 soon.   Thanks, Sergio

9. You are welcome. Good to hear that you plan to migrate to Uniface 9.7 soon. Regards, Daniel