Retrieve/o and dummy entity

Author: fearandir@gmail.com (fearandir)

Hello. Uniface Library says:

If an entity is defined as non-database, retrieve/o does not search the component for an occurrence. If this is required, define the entity as stored in a database, but remove the write statement from the Write or Write Up triggers for the entity. This should be done in the application model. This ensures that an entity does not get stored in the database, and has the same effect as defining the entity as non-database.

But if do this, i must specify a dmbs path. Our RDBMS is oracle. When a retrieve/o is performed i get a:  ORA-00942: Table or view does not exist.   Any idea about how a retrieve/o works over the occurrences of a dummy entity?   Greetings,   Sergio

1 Comment

1. fearandir said Hello. But if do this, i must specify a dmbs path. Our RDBMS is oracle. When a retrieve/o is performed i get a:  ORA-00942: Table or view does not exist. Any idea about how a retrieve/o works over the occurrences of a dummy entity? Greetings, Sergio  

Hi Sergio There is a DBMS-connector-setting to tell UnifAce not to check the existens of a table.

USYS$Mnemonic_PARAMS = checks : on | off If you don't need to check at all, maybe this is a solution Ingo

Author: istiller (i2stiller@gmx.de)