And if sometimes christmas and eastern on the same day :-)

Author: i2stiller@gmx.de (istiller)

Hi UnifAce What about an integration of some kind of "user-points" into the IDF core "User points" in terms of "triggers". Each time a developer change something in a e.g. component, just before write to database, UnifAce "calls back" to proccode, that we (the user of the IDF) can write. Think about OCX and the events. In this trigger, I do have access to all necessary fields in UFORM&Co to do some action. May be just give the version control a hint, that something had happend. Or one can compare old ($dbvalue) and new context and insert a few comments. I'm doing programming for 30 years and our 4GL of that time could do such things. Why not UnifAce? Please UnifAce, do something to make us "normal" developer a litte more happy I promised, I will never ask for a UnifAce widget to be useful in a essert as Aad (Aad van Schetsen)  once said on a meeting :-) Ingo

1 Comment

1. Hi Ingo, I can promise you that you won't get that in Uniface 9 :-) But for Uniface 10 we have a discussion going on here: https://unifaceinfo.com/forum/uniface-10-enterprise-edition/additional-topic-we-want-details-on-what-you-are-using-it-for-today/#p6052962 Your wish sound very much like a next step on what is being discussed there. Regards, Theo   (NB Work has started on the very first phase, a replacement for the Additional Menu.)

Author: Theo Neeskens (tneeskens@itblockz.nl)