[SOLVED] Migrating 9.6 to 9.7 : support of the 2 versions of my application in //

Author: mps59@orange.fr (mpservices)

Hello I migrate from 9.6.4  to 9.7.3 without any problem, but for some weeks I need to maintain the 2 versions and as the modifications in my application   were quite important , I did all these in 9.7.3 and upgrading the look (which had, by the way, a very significant impact on users for such a little work ) to maintain the 9.6 (instead of doing all modifications in //, yes a little bit lazy , but running out of time, as usual)  I exported from 9.7  back  to 9.6  I tested  some forms and all seems to be ok knowing that  I'm using standard codes. Before doing this for all modified forms, anyone has already tested this , any danger? Best regards Dominique

3 Comments

1. mpservices said Hello I migrate from 9.6.4  to 9.7.3 without any problem, but for some weeks I need to maintain the 2 versions ... to maintain the 9.6 (instead of doing all modifications in //, yes a little bit lazy , but running out of time, as usual)  I exported from 9.7  back  to 9.6  ... Dominique  

Hi Dominique, AFAIK going from a newer to an older version was and it is NOT officially supported...but it can be tried...sometimes with success, sometimes with a little frustration... :-) However, I suggest in the short overlapping period to maintain the 9.6 version and to export/import to 9.7. Regards, Gianni

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)
  2. Hi Dominique  We doing exactly this thing for years :-) Exporting components from 9.7 and importing them into 9.6 No major problems until now. On thing to consider: Not all statemenst/funtions are allowed in 9.6. So I create some application constant:

Name                 9604 9703   UF_VER_09604_FROM 1 0 (or not defined) UF_VER_09703_FROM 1 1

Now you can write

#if (''=='1')

; the statement in question

#else

; a workaround

#endif

et voila, you can copy&paste resp. export/import whatever you want :-) Ingo

Author: istiller (i2stiller@gmx.de)
  3. Thanks to all I will go to 97-->96 , it is only for a few weeks   Best regards Dominique

Author: mpservices (mps59@orange.fr)