[SOLVED] Q: where to change the title of a report

Author: manfred.laterner@11er.at (mlaterner)

Hy everone,    i got a report which was duplicated from another report. And now i got the old "Title" in the XML-File export.    The origin report was called in component Name: kals_dt_r    desc: pk LS DT and the new component is called Name: lirekl_R       desc: ml REK DT   and in the XML-File of the report, i get the old title of the origin report: <OCC> <DAT name="UTIMESTAMP">2011-03-24T09:34:47.00</DAT> <DAT name="UCOMPSTAMP">2017-05-22T10:21:45.00</DAT> <DAT name="ULABEL">LIREKL_R</DAT> <DAT name="FTYP">Q</DAT> <DAT name="UDESCR" xml:space='preserve'>ml REK DT</DAT> <DAT name="WVPOS">0</DAT> <DAT name="WHPOS">0</DAT> <DAT name="WVSIZ">0</DAT> <DAT name="WHSIZ">0</DAT> <DAT name="CLRSCRN">N</DAT> <DAT name="UBORDER">N</DAT> <DAT name="UINHERIT">F</DAT> <DAT name="LIBRAR">CLAN</DAT> <DAT name="UTRANSACT">2</DAT> <DAT name="INIT" xml:space='preserve'>#Include &lt;TEMPLATENAME&gt;:</DAT> <DAT name="CLEAR">clear</DAT> <DAT name="RETRIEVE" xml:space='preserve'>retrieve <DAT name="RECORD" xml:space='preserve'>retrieve <DAT name="STORE" xml:space='preserve'>store <DAT name="DELET" xml:space='preserve'>erase <DAT name="ACCEPT" xml:space='preserve'>#Include &lt;TEMPLATENAME&gt;:</DAT> <DAT name="QUIT" xml:space='preserve'>#Include &lt;TEMPLATENAME&gt;:</DAT> <DAT name="ASYNC" xml:space='preserve'>#Include &lt;TEMPLATENAME&gt;:</DAT> <DAT name="GENERAL" xml:space='preserve'>#Include &lt;TEMPLATENAME&gt;:</DAT> <DAT name="FORMPIC" xml:space='preserve'>&uFRM;TYP=H&uSEP;NAM=HEADER.USYS&uSEP;WID=92&uSEP;HEI=13&uFRM; <DAT name="PERF">#DEF</DAT> <DAT name="TITLE" xml:space='preserve'>pk LS DT</DAT> <DAT name="SFUNC" xml:space='preserve'>operation PRINT i can´t find it in the menus or in the report functions where i can change this "TITLE". Because we use another programm and this wrong title is shown there. And i would like to change it, but not in that way that i export the Reports change it in editor and import it again. (thats nonsense)   Does anyone know where to change it?    kind regards  Manfred

3 Comments

1. Title field is not used in Reports. Your old report was probably once created as a Form and then converted to a Report. This does not clear the fields that are not applicable for a report. In a Form it is the text that appears on screen in the title bar of the Form, a Report is not shown on screen and does not have a title bar.   If you really want to get rid of the title there are two options. 1) Convert the Report to a Form, right click on the Form background, select Form Properties, clear the Title field. Convert the Form to a Report. 2) Export the Report, remove the line from the export file, import the export file. 

Author: Theo Neeskens (tneeskens@itblockz.nl)
  2. Hi Manfred, I am not aware either of a TITLE field for reports. Take the short path: 1) Export to XML 2) Edit XML file 3) Import modified XML :-) Gianni

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)
  3. Thank you for the Information!    It could be, that the REPORT was a FORM a long time ago, but i don´t know it exactly.    Manfred

Author: mlaterner (manfred.laterner@11er.at)