Creating a form presenting an entire database table?

Author: JacobSparre.Andersen@consafelogistics.com (sparre)

I have a database table, where the end-users are supposed to supply/adjust the values according to their needs.  I would like to present the entire table to the users in a single form, but there is no obvious way to do that. I checked the list of available widgets in the form editor, but none of them look like they'll give me a table view. What do I do? /Jacob

3 Comments

1. The Grid Widget, which is accessible through entity properties, should give you what you want.  Alternatively, paint the items horizontally and then get hold of the icon bottom right of the entity frame and drag multiple occurrences down.... 

Author: Iain Sharp (i.sharp@pcisystems.co.uk)
  2. Iain Sharp said The Grid Widget, which is accessible through entity properties, should give you what you want.  Alternatively, paint the items horizontally and then get hold of the icon bottom right of the entity frame and drag multiple occurrences down....   

Or paint an empty entity on the canavas. Then goto "Edit"->"Load fields" where one can click all fields which (use the "envelope" sign) Now you got a single record. Rearrange the fields so you got a single row. Narrow the height to one character and use the symbol on the right, botton edge of the entity to make it multi-occurrence. That's all :-) Ingo

Author: istiller (i2stiller@gmx.de)
  3. Hi Jacob, Please find documentation on Grid Widget here. Please find documentation on drawing multiple entities here. Although it's a 'one to many' example, you can peek at the 'many' part. Best regards, Arjen

Author: Arjen van Vliet (arjen.van.vliet@uniface.com)