DSP development: "#define", "Extended Trigger" and JavaScript

Author: claudio.palladini@cortislentini.it (Claudio)

Hello, like Proc, I'm trying to #define constants for "Extended Triggers". Actually in the "Defines" I have this code: #define LC_LEAVEFLD=if ($fieldname!="") call my_local_procedure($fieldname,@$fieldname,"%%$entname%%%","","") And in the "Validate Trigger" of the Editbox widget I have: <LC_LEAVEFLD> What I want to obtain is to do the same for extended triggers which encapsulate JavaScript code: #define BLA_BLA = webtrigger onBlur                              javascript                                this.getDSPInstance().activate("LeaveFld", this.getName(), this.getValue());                              endjavascript                            end It's possible? Smartest ways, are welcome! Thanks all in advance Claudio

4 Comments

1. Hello Claudio, You may do this with an include-proc:

; Extended trigger
    #include MYLIB:LEAVEFIELD

Author: Philippe (philippe.grangeray@agfa.com)
  2. Philippe said Hello Claudio, You may do this with an include-proc:
    ; Extended trigger
    #include MYLIB:LEAVEFIELD

Thanks Philippe, it worked. Sincerely, I dislike include-proc, it seem to hiding code to others developers. Often it's very difficult read the existing code in order to have an overview of all, but I know the 10 version it change under this view. Claudio

Author: Claudio (claudio.palladini@cortislentini.it)
  3. Hi Claudio, a compile with /LIS=2 will give you a complete codeview (including precompiler replacements) in the *.cptlst file The includes with all their levels are signaled by "[I1:" etc which is really helpful.

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  4. Hi Claudio, You can also define code in Application Model Field Trigger or in Uniface Default Component (DSP -FRM-SVC) . The code will be visible/modify for all.  It depends on the level of heritage that yout want (see compile time constant too). 

Author: Gilles (gls.tools@free.fr)