u9.7 weboperation / webcall and params out

Author: yves.de.montmollin@aonhewitt.com (yves2m)

Hello, Question : I begin with Web and Uniface 9.7 and I don't understand well how things are working together I've this portion of code :

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ;Get params given with URL ( ...?k1=toto&k2=titi&k3=Something Else) ; getUrlParam ("k3", vVal ) --> vVal = "Something Else" ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- weboperation getUrlParam params     string pId  : IN   ; Param Name     string pVal : OUT  ; Value for this ParamName endparams     javascript         // Function found somewhere on the web that get the value for the param         function getUrlPar (sVar) {             return unescape(window.location.search.replace(new RegExp("^(?:.*[&\\?]" + escape(sVar).replace(/[\.\+\*]/g, "\\$&") + "(?:\\=([^&]*))?)?.*$", "i"), "$1"));         }         pVal = getUrlPar(pId);         alert ("1:  getUrlParam : " + pId + " = " + pVal);  // Here the alert gives the right Id and Val         return pVal;                                    // Doesn't change anything     endjavascript end ; getUrlParam ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ; Test for getUrlParam ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- weboperation testGetUrlParam params endparams     javascript         // Get the infos like a $_Get in Php         var vVal;         uniface.getInstance("SFE100001BBIS").activate("getUrlParam", "k3", vVal);         alert ("2: Value back from getUrlParam : " + vVal);    // vVal is empty !!!!!     endjavascript end ; testGetUrlParam

and when I try with this URL ".../SFE100001BBIS?k1=toto&k2=titi&k3=Something%20Else" I get a 1st alert with [1: getUrlParam : k3 = Somethnig Else] and a 2nd alert with [2: Value back from getUrlParam : undefined]   I don't understand what I have to do to get the value for my param out   Thanks for your help   Yves

2 Comments

1. Hello Yves, the activate method works in asynchronous way. That's why you don't have return value. For doing this you have to use the Promise way:

weboperation getUrlParam
    params
      string pId  : IN   ; Param Name
    endparams
    javascript
      // ...
      return pVal;
    endjavascript
    end ; getUrlParam

weboperation testGetUrlParam
    javascript
      uniface.getInstance(“SFE100001BBIS”).activate(“getUrlParam”, “k3”).then(function(ret){ 
        var val = ret.returnValue; // val returned by the promise
        alert (“2: Value back from getUrlParam : ” + val);
    }
    endjavascript
    end ; testGetUrlParam  

Author: Philippe (philippe.grangeray@agfa.com)
  2. Hello Philippe, Thanks for your answer. As I said, I'm new to web and I forogot the asynchrone working way.Embarassed It's clear to me now and I can continue Best regards   Yves

Author: yves2m (yves.de.montmollin@aonhewitt.com)