Mouse position on a command button ?

Author: daniel.cabero@euralis.com (cabero)

In Uniface 9.7,  with the function $paintedfieldproperties, It may be possible to let the user Move himself the fields. exple: with the mouse, the user could clic a commandbutton defined as header of column and to move it or enlarge or reduce it . (as it's possible in Excel or in the grid widget) The grid widget still limited in many ohters aspects and we prefer not to use it to construct our forms. (we are working in C/S mode) Unfortunatly we cannot check the position of the mouse on a command button (only the detail trigger and popup...etc) Someone have an idea to simulate the behavior of a real header like in a grid widget ? Thank you in advance Daniel

4 Comments

1. Hi Daniel, I am not sure I have fully understood your request... Usually a column header in a grid widget is enabling some standard action like sorting grid content based on the clicked column. Is that what you would like to achieve? Gianni

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)
  2. I would like to give the possibility to the end-user, to clic with the mouse on the side of the button and to be able to enlarge or reduce or move (left -right)  the button. As we can do in the IDF whenwe construct the form. So that, the end-user could organize the form more or less "as he likes" I feel that with this powerfull function ($paintedfieldproperties) , we are not so far from this result...

Author: cabero (daniel.cabero@euralis.com)
  3. Hi Daniel, I would prefer to move to grid widget for such functionality... To proceed with your idea in your context you 'd need an event associated to the "command button" widget. What's about a popup menu? Gianni

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)
  4. Thank you Gianni. Yes , I Tried the popup menu and it can work like this . But it's very different than the common way to resize column on windows (Excel or explorer etc ...) Concerning the grid widget, I think  it can be uses only form "simple" forms. only one entity. simple interface. As the main part of our forms are more complex , it cannot be a solution for us. Thank you for your help anyway ! Have a nice day Daniel

Author: cabero (daniel.cabero@euralis.com)