[SOLVED] Want to limit a field to alphanumeric and underscore

Author: lalitpct@gmail.com (lalitpct)

Trying to limit a editbox field to  alphanumeric and underscore for which I added Syntax ENT(@*). But doesnt seems to work , Where I need to add it ??

5 Comments

1. Hi, The definition is controlling value in your field but only when exiting; if you type a not allowed character, exiting you get error 0126 - Error on field <YourFieldName>; illegal syntax format. Gianni

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)
  2. gianni said Hi, The definition is controlling value in your field but only when exiting; if you type a not allowed character, exiting you get error 0126 - Error on field ; illegal syntax format. Gianni  

Yeah  In some other field when i define ENT(@*) i get error message but when i do it on ID of usysidx.frm I cant get it not sure why it works on other sceens and not on usysidx.frm

Author: lalitpct (lalitpct@gmail.com)
  3. AFAIK, usysidx.frm is a uniface internal component (delivered in .../common/usys You may get all kind of these problems when messing around with these internals.

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  4. Hi lalitpct, If you write a short description about what you are trying to implement we could be more helpful... :-) Gianni

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)
  5. gianni said Hi lalitpct, If you write a short description about what you are trying to implement we could be more helpful... :-) Gianni  

Hi Gianni/Ulli, I was trying limiting no. of characters allwoed in ID filed of usysidx, ENT(@*) worked when i removed the field , clean up and then added back as new field. Not sure why its working now... but thanks for ur help

Author: lalitpct (lalitpct@gmail.com)