How to avoid TableName_SEL# error

Author: dammie@seznam.cz (dammie)

Why I ve got this error ?? Server: I/O function: S, mode: 0, on file/table: TableName index: 3 = Server: Stored procedure 'TableName_SEL3' not found.  There is only PRIMARY KEY and no index defined in model. So only TableName_SELECT should be generated... Analyse of model not helped... export/import of cif as well... :( Is there some internal error of IDF?

6 Comments

1. Hi While developing an application usually default stored procedures could be disabled because interactive SQL is more flexible. Check in the documentation [DRIVERS_SETTINGS] and specifically USYS$xxx_PARAMS where xxx is the menomonic of the driver you are using.

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)
  2. Hi, I have no idea about your database or how Uniface generates the procedures, so just a guess. Do you have or have had foreign-keys on the  TableName that generates indexes and so perhaps procedures and then still have some form compiled with those settings. Regards RogerW.

Author: rogerw (roger.wallin@abilita.fi)
  3. I cleaned up all components, compiled all components... havent helped I have two uniface enviroments - 1. for development and 2. for testing... identical, never ever had problems with this... (TableName_SEL#) On env 1. everything is working fine, so I exported component and cif and I/O procedures for entity ( standard _SELECT/_FETCH/_DELETE etc.) and imported it on env 2. On env 2. there is error : Server: I/O function: S, mode: 0, on file/table: TableName index: 3 = Server: Stored procedure ‘TableName_SEL3’ not found.  If I try generate I/O procedures for this TableName on env. 2. it generates except TableName_SELECT also TableName_SEL2 and TableName_SEL3....there is no reason, nothing was changed on env 2. after import of components from env 1....

Author: dammie (dammie@seznam.cz)
  4. Hi, delete the table from the model,  then retype itConfused. First with just a couple of fields, at least the primary key. then generate the procedures. Then, depending on the outcome proceed..... Regards RogerW.

Author: rogerw (roger.wallin@abilita.fi)
  5. What about generating all the SQL scripts from the development area and inspect these?

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  6. dammieX said I cleaned up all components, compiled all components... havent helped I have two uniface enviroments - 1. for development and 2. for testing... identical, never ever had problems with this... (TableName_SEL#) On env 1. everything is working fine, so I exported component and cif and I/O procedures for entity ( standard _SELECT/_FETCH/_DELETE etc.) and imported it on env 2. On env 2. there is error : Server: I/O function: S, mode: 0, on file/table: TableName index: 3 = Server: Stored procedure ‘TableName_SEL3’ not found.  If I try generate I/O procedures for this TableName on env. 2. it generates except TableName_SELECT also TableName_SEL2 and TableName_SEL3....there is no reason, nothing was changed on env 2. after import of components from env 1....

Have you already tried if an Analyze Model will help (e.g. using the idf command line switch /con)? In case the entity definitions are exactly the same in your development and testing environment then maybe the analyzed entity info in the test environment still includes some (outdated info about) additional indexes that you've deleted in the meantime? Just an idea.

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)