[SOLVED] DropDownList on Header Frames

Author: gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com (gianni)

Hi Unifacers, Probably I am missing something here like a basic noob... U9.7: I've just inserted a DropDownList into an header frame and I do not find the Value Changed Trigger on it... I am used to use header frames also on forms not used to print as standard non database entity... I tried to define a dropdownlist associated to a field into a "normal" entity and every expected trigger is there... Could someone help me to clearify what I am missing? Thanks for any input... Gianni P.S. I do not tried (yet) on 9.6 or before...

2 Comments

1. Hi Gianni, because of the special nature of header and trailer frames which do not provide field expansion on printing, there are a couple of triggers NOT available on Header/Trailerframe since the very early days. Unfortunately, it looks like you can not paint an inner entity in the header frame. So the only(?) option for a talented exportfile editor with a sound backup concept is to convert header frames in the export to a "normal" entity. Change the frame type in FORMPIC and rename UXGROUP/UXFIELD away from HEADER.USYS.

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  2. Thanks Uli! Effectively it's probably my first DropDownList in an header... I solved with a small edit session on exported form... :-) Gianni P.S. Definable as [SOLVED]

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)