[SOLVED] Migrating Uniface 9.4 to Uniface 9.7

Author: fvenanciobr@gmail.com (fabricio)

Hello Folks

I am migrating my application from uniface 9.4 to uniface 9.7.

I imported in uniface u97 the my export xlm file representing all my components.

I can´t compile the components in my computer with Windows 10.

The error message is:

Compile Form: 'ATR017O' Phase  2:   Model definitions I/O function: F, mode: 0, on file/table: UCFIELD index: 1 = ORA-0316: fatal two task communication protocol error Oracle Driver Error [-35]: fetch driver function failed

I changed que [DRIVER SETTING] parameters in my asn file:

from uniface 9.4:

ORA U6.2 USYS$ORA_PARAMS = dri , im

to uniface 9.7: ORA U7.0 USYS$ORA_PARAMS = dri , im

I am using the oracle 11g client in my local  machine to connect in the oracle database instance in my server (oracle 10g version).

Any idea to fix this trouble?

Thanks a lot

Fabricio Venancio

Brazilian Uniface Developer Florianópolis - SC

5 Comments

1. fabricio said

ORA-03106: fatal two task communication protocol error Oracle Driver Error [-35]: fetch driver function failed

Hello Fabricio, The Oracle error ORA-03106 usually is caused by a problem in Oracle. Which exact version of the Oracle 11g Client and 10g Server are you using? It might be a good idea to check with Oracle if there are newer versions of the Client and Server available that might resolve this problem. I hope this helps. Daniel Iseli Uniface Technical Support

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  2. Hi Daniel   My cliente version: 11.2.0.3.0 My oracle database version: 10.2.0.1.0

Author: fabricio (fvenanciobr@gmail.com)
  3. fabricio said My cliente version: 11.2.0.3.0 My oracle database version: 10.2.0.1.0

Hi Fabricio, Thanks for the info. It might be a good idea to update the Oracle Server to at least version 10.2.0.3. In version 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.2 there's a problem that is known as BUG 4523125 (Symptoms: OCI based application intermittently throws ORA-03106: fatal two-task communication protocol error). The solution is to upgrade the Client and the Server to at least version 10.2.0.3. I'm sorry, but I cannot provide a link to the mentioned info, since you need a account for the Oracle support site. I hope this helps. Daniel

4. Thank you Daniel This topic was solved. I migrated my oracle database version do 11g.

Author: fabricio (fvenanciobr@gmail.com)
  5. fabricio said Thank you Daniel This topic was solved. I migrated my oracle database version do 11g.

Hi Fabricio, Thank you for your feedback. And you are welcome. Smile Daniel